5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Boberts Official Thanks Everyone! And Suspension Mods and Paint Job! ( Heavy Pics )

Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Bobert
3rd Gear Member

Default Boberts Official Thanks Everyone! And Suspension Mods and Paint Job! ( Heavy Pics )

So i would just like to say thanks to everyone!
( Not sure if this is the right section for this, but there's a good chance that the people who have helped me in the last year will stumble across it. )

This is what i started with in November 2007.

Since then its gotten random headers, BBK o/road h pipe, 40s flows, and stock tips.

While i was gone to school last year it got painted ! Woot woot! Over my christmas break me and my Dad pulled everything off that we could. Except the mirrors and the trim on the side. Almost all the plastic came off and was painted rally black. ( flat )

In the spring, when i came back from from school, i put in some suspension stuff! Which about half was my xmas gifts haha.

New MM c/c plates, KYB struts, and road racing springs ( the spring in the picture were brought back, car was to low )

Who likes my painting booth?

So heres what she looks like!

So i just wanted to thank everyone. Im young, trying to learn! My dads a heavy chev guy, and deals with stuff <1980 ! So the EFI is kinda new to us. I have made countless threads on suspension, GT40 stuff, and well everything im curious about!

Im just showing my appreciation! Gold stars for everyone! haha You guys helped with my decision and also educated me. ( I read the post yesterday about the guy who turned right and the car shut off? haha, now i know ! )

For Christmas / my own cash ill be getting upper and lower control arms, and ill be rebuilding the rear end. Also im getting a new rad, wires and water pump cause it needs it.

Thanks for reading!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Bobert
3rd Gear Member

Oh the last photos there i still dont have the window trim or the front grill on, or the wipers, all that was painted flat too. There might be more miss ahah, its all on now, i just dont have any updated pictures!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:53 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

keep up the good work
Old 11-20-2009, 04:55 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

nice coupe!

nice to see people going after suspension mod's before power.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:08 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Clean, now what are you doing with that interior?
Old 11-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Bobert
3rd Gear Member

"nice coupe!

nice to see people going after suspension mod's before power."

Yea thanks! haha, thats actually something i heard alot on here. Alot of people said i have $1000 where should i put it?

And my front suspension was really squeaky, and it was embarrassing, my high school had a lot of speed bumps, and it was just sad. Hard to show off when it sounds like a pos.

Plus after i did all that, oh man, power to the ground! So im excited to get the upper/lowers in ! And finally have my posi back :l

"Clean, now what are you doing with that interior?"

At first i wasnt a big red interior fan, but i've grown to like it. Kinda brings back the older combo its pretty cool. Theres alot of crap in the car as you can see to, it was a mess after getting painted. Like dust. Almost said no to buying it because of the interior colour but i couldn't turn down the fact it had no rust anywhere.

But! I got a piece of black leather from my dads work and im making a shifter bezel/cover if that counts haha. Its going to be shorter then the original and have less holes/ cracks... maybe change the **** if i can find a ball black one. Trying to find a black Hurst one with the 5 speed outline. Man there expensive!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:17 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Take your time and do it right! Looks really good and most of all, you started with a good base. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:56 AM
r1pilot
1st Gear Member

Looking good!