5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Need Some advice from you older guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Lazor05
2nd Gear Member

Default Need Some advice from you older guys

Well Im just a kid still so I don't have to much experience in the world of being screwed over. I work at O' reilly's and on tuesday we were robbed by two guys with guns. Luckily neither I nor the my other employee was hurt, but should I be expecting some sort of compensation from the company? I was given a number for counseling but that's it. Should I try to get a raise? Anything like that? Or should I just quit my job? lol I have been on edge ever since when it gets around closing time. Just curious because I don't know if its a normal thing for companies to help out employees that were in an armed robbery. I know this isn't necessarily about my car, but if I do get anything out of this deal it is going straight on my car. haha
Old 11-20-2009, 12:14 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

generally speaking your company will not compensate for the emotional distress that is most certainly out of their control. if its within your companies benefits you may be able to claim some sort of FMLA or disability to get your act together, but they wont pay you a bonus for getting held up.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

**side note**

the only way you'd be able to sue the company for compensation would be to be able to prove neglagence on the behalf of your company. if the situation could have been avoided by any reasonable means, by another individual peer (to your manager) that would have avoided this, then yes you could possibly receive compensation for emotional distress due to neglegence on your companies behalf....

...basically, good luck with that.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Lazor05
2nd Gear Member

haha that what I figured. thanks for the info, it could have been avoided in my opinion but I dont think theres anyway I can win that. The store is in a bad area of town, with no cameras, we are open till 9 and no one comes in past 7, and they only have 2 people working at night. Its not the best plan in my opinion but oh well
Old 11-20-2009, 12:44 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

thats company policy(hours and staffing), not common sense. basically you have to prove the manager on duty didnt use his brain and put your life in danger because of it. thats negligence.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Lazor05
2nd Gear Member

Well he didn't really do anything wrong. dang it. lol
Old 11-20-2009, 01:41 PM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

i used to work for orielly good luck getting anything out of them
Old 11-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Lazor05
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I have noticed that they are a little cheap. Or at least my manager is. Oh well it supplies my car fund
Old 11-20-2009, 02:12 PM
tohoopty
4th Gear Member

who in their right mind robs a parts store.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03BottleFedGT
i used to work for orielly good luck getting anything out of them
i got a buddy suing oriely's currently because of a faulty part that sent metal shavings through his brand new 306 and wiped the motor out. he showed them receipts for what it cost and him they were trying to give him a fraction of what it would cost. basically what they were willing to give him would not even cover the machine work for the block to be taken to .040 or new pistons

Quick Reply: Need Some advice from you older guys