5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Finally able to "retire" the 'stang.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:12 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

Nice DD man, good job on the price!!!

Since I am in FL I don't really need a winter DD, but we have a Rabbit (lol..), that I use a few days of the week to keep the miles off the stang. Its funny that I say that cause we have had record lows here, and frost/cold mornings for the past two weeks. I've been driving the Rabbit cause it has heated seats..lol...

Just a question on the steering leak, I've had one in the past and it was the high pressure hose, so my only advice is to check that first. From what I remember it wasn't that cheap and it took me a while to see how it even went in the car!!! I'd just check that hose first, I don't remember how I found it on mine, wiping it clean & cleaning up and then looking for the presence of fluid???
Old 01-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

nice car, my old roommates girlfriend bought a newer version of the focus, solid car right there
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

your gonna hate it when you get out of the focus and get into the stang.You're gonna wonder whats wrong with the clutch lol
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by mustangsneverdie
your gonna hate it when you get out of the focus and get into the stang.You're gonna wonder whats wrong with the clutch lol
or you'll be like me, driving my 2.4l sunfire for almost an entire year before getting back into my cobra.... then scaring myself half to death b/c I didnt realize how much faster the 347 was going to be!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
or you'll be like me, driving my 2.4l sunfire for almost an entire year before getting back into my cobra.... then scaring myself half to death b/c I didnt realize how much faster the 347 was going to be!
i know exactly what your saying when i had my cavalier. i would murder my mustang when i would get to drive it
Old 01-16-2010, 05:24 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tony71502
Congrats on the purchase, that's a steal for anything less than 3500 much less 2k.

Check where the struts are bolted to the strut towers. If they are loose they will clunk like a **** going over bumps.

What's planned for the pony?
Thanks, I thought I got a pretty good deal too. But with an auction, you never know what your going to get.

good idea on the struts, ill check that out.

well plans for the mustang, is this (obviously)
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...ap-thread.html

and I will up the shot on the bottle. Once I have a rollbar in the car I will test to see the biggest shot my NX system can handle (IE 200-225shot)

Originally Posted by nacanitihs
i was contemplating painting my wheels black on the SHO as well. but am still kinda not sure.
Well Just be careful with the paint. I painted my old '88 ranger's wheels and it turned out great, but not sure how I will paint these. IDK, I might paint them, but powder coating just seems like a better choice.

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Awesome deal. Very smart purchase. Congrats.
That was more of what I was going for. A "smart" choice for something to daily drive. I was dead set on finding a eddie bauer Bronco with a 351 in it, and doing some stuff to it. (lift, tires, heads, etc) but it would just be another money pit like the mustang. With a kid now on the way, i cant be having two money pits!

This thread makes me jealous... I need to get my new truck home so I can make a super cool thread about my new DD
All the cool kids are doing it!

Originally Posted by symonds86
nice dd check the front swaybar links for your clunk as well
good idea, I will check that out as soon as I have room in the garage. (mustang is pulled to far forward to have better access to everything.)

Originally Posted by laterider
...Since I am in FL I don't really need a winter DD...

Just a question on the steering leak, I've had one in the past and it was the high pressure hose, so my only advice is to check that first. From what I remember it wasn't that cheap and it took me a while to see how it even went in the car!!! I'd just check that hose first, I don't remember how I found it on mine, wiping it clean & cleaning up and then looking for the presence of fluid???
I moved here from Orlando FL. Only vehicle I had was a 2007 Suzuki SV1000s motorcycle, lol. So I know what you mean.

The leak appears to be coming from the top of the resvour, but the cap looks brand new? It will take some work to figure it out, the engine bay is VERY tight.

Originally Posted by fs308
i know exactly what your saying when i had my cavalier. i would murder my mustang when i would get to drive it
haha, Yea, after not driving the mustang for two month's this lil 4-banger feels a ton faster then my bronco, Cant imagine what the mustang will be like for the ol' *** dyno once this head/cam swap is done.

heres some more pictures

engine bay "before and after"
(mainly just whiped down the towers, some of the plastics, the power steering and coolant resivor, and swaped the battery.)

Zeeeeeeeee-TEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid pwr steering leak

battery from 2006 all nasty.

screw'd doors...... might pay a pro to fix them..... or I might just try to tweek them myself..

Old 01-16-2010, 07:50 AM
motorman524
MF Informant

Nice! Welcome to the Focus community lol. They are such great cars.
Zetec>CVH but Duratec>Zetec
Old 01-16-2010, 07:52 AM
goathead75
3rd Gear Member

Dude, WTF is with the doors? Does it have a salvage title?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by motorman524
Nice! Welcome to the Focus community lol. They are such great cars.
Zetec>CVH but Duratec>Zetec
you have a focus too?

and I have no clue what you mean by the last part, lol

Originally Posted by goathead75
Dude, WTF is with the doors? Does it have a salvage title?
im unsure, I think the car got slid sideways into a pole or something?

Like i said they do inspections, and they look for frame damage, It was not listed as it was on a couple other cars at the auction, and it does not have a salvaged title.

could even be the possibility that someone tryed to break into the back door, and thats what bent the frame?
Old 01-16-2010, 11:49 AM
motorman524
MF Informant

This is mine.

Quick Reply: Finally able to "retire" the 'stang.