5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

93 Reborn Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:12 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

It kinda helps that I don't work right now. I am on my vacation until the middle of March so I have all day and night to do things here and there. Cold is the biggest motivation killer when it comes to working.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:23 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

The front end is finally cut off. It surprisingly came off pretty easy. I just cut into the part of the fram that needed to be trimmed anyway instead of trying to grind out the welds. I still have to trim and straight out some pieces of the frame to see how I want to weld it back together but it shouldn't take much. I am going to pick up 1x1 angle iron to set the frame in on the bottom to help hold it in place and to give me more areas to weld to make sure it is nice and strong. I should hopefully have that part done by this weekend. Then I can start figureing out what I want to do with the fender aprons and what I need. I am going to make it where I will have the battery in the hatch so a relocation will be another part of this thread down the road.
On a smaller note I also cleaned and painted my oil pan so I will hopefully have the timing cover and oil pan on for good tonight.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:55 PM
tohoopty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
It kinda helps that I don't work right now. I am on my vacation until the middle of March so I have all day and night to do things here and there. Cold is the biggest motivation killer when it comes to working.
so how cold is this cold you speak of.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:18 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Well its not that its cold here. Its about 40 degrees in the garage at night an high 50's in the day. That comment was geared toward hollister though. I just throw on a beanie and my work hoody and I am good to go for awhile at night.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:01 PM
tohoopty
4th Gear Member

well i can only get my garage to 40 degrees with the heat on.but i usually stay busy and usually get hot.but its not bad though.ill go outside and wash my car in 20 degree weather
Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

nice, so what is the plan now?

find a new clip? or are you gonna weld that clip on the right way?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

I am going to use the same clip after I trim off the excess on the frame. Its not going to be too hard to do. I tell you what though, after I cut that off I put my rear jack stands at the battle box to let the rear end hang and now I can go out there and lift the whole front of the car off the front stands by hand lol. I guess I just found the right pivot point for the car. I also found out that either my car does have a slight twist from not having sub frame connectors or my garage floor isn't completely straight. I had to put about 1/4 inch of plate under the driver side stand to get the car to sit on both stands. No big deal though.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:10 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

you might think this is stupid if you don't know but, if you can get your hands on some alcohol and pour about a 20oz. drink worth into a metal bread pan, then drop a match on it, you will be opening the door to the shop because it will be so hot after about 2 minutes. It will get a shop hotter than a 100,000 BTU reddy heater and in a quicker amount of time too.

Last edited by TrimDrip; 02-17-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Open fires can get pretty hot pretty quick lol. I love fire and can be one hell of a fire bug but something like that in my garage isn't something I am going to do lol
Old 02-17-2010, 01:08 PM
tohoopty
4th Gear Member

id say your garage floor is un level.mine does it too and so did my brother 4 cyl car.

Quick Reply: 93 Reborn Build