5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Rebuilding My 5.0, Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 PM
vvelez5
1st Gear Member

Talking Rebuilding My 5.0, Any Suggestions?

Alright well this is going to be a fun post I feel. Some idiot in a Lexus cut me off and destroyed my Mustang, unfortunately since the cost to repair the car cost more than the car itself I got the maximum amount I could possibly get without totaling out the car. My 5.0 was my daily driver and I loved it but since I am too busy to repair the car like I want to and still go to work and school I decided to garage the Stang and get another DD.

Now I want to rebuild my Mustang and turn it into a beast.

So I want to hear your ideas on what I should do with my 5.0

I just have a few stipulations:

1. Want to keep it street legal.
2. Want to keep A/C
3. Want great handling (so huge wheels in back and small ones in front are out)
4. Want to smoke any import that feels they can take on some American muscle.)
5. Want to keep an Auto transmission just so I can show these people who think automatics are weak transmissions.

Let me hear your ideas I want to get this thing out on the road scaring Hondas again.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:43 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

automatics aren't weak but you'll quickly find out AOD = DOA when ample power is applied to them, the overdrive is often the first to go and the 2.40 ratio first gear in them makes it a necessity to have a good stall speed and low rear gears...so is the stang repairable????
Old 03-09-2010, 02:43 PM
vvelez5
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
automatics aren't weak but you'll quickly find out AOD = DOA when ample power is applied to them, the overdrive is often the first to go and the 2.40 ratio first gear in them makes it a necessity to have a good stall speed and low rear gears...so is the stang repairable????
Its repairable. Also I know that the stock AOD won't be able to handle much power if not modified but that's what this post is about. Want to see people's suggestions on what I should do In modifying my car since It has turned into a project from a DD because of the accident. That includes everything for the car engine, drivetrain, exterior, interior everything
Old 03-09-2010, 02:56 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

present people with your current budget, cause without such the recommendations may be expensive, but I hear on3performance has a real bang for the buck turbo kit that'll put some power out
Old 03-09-2010, 09:28 PM
vvelez5
1st Gear Member

Well this plans to be a long term project so the issue of money isn't of real importance. Obviously I want my money's worth but I do plan on this being done correct and over a long period of time.