5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Need help getting to 350rwhp!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:10 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
custom hydraulic, yes, 90mm accufab. 90mm MAF.. and an MK2 Motorsports 4" CAI..

hehe
what core is your cam? SADI or billet?

are you runnin TFS heads? what style?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 AM
n2fastuff

tune wont do **** for your on a stock engine.

seriously though, stop dinking around with these wannabe know-it-alls and sit down with me some time. I'll show you the good, bad and ugly. and how you can make reliable power out of your car, for short money
Wow, ADDER, you must not be a wannabe.
I guess that your engine-dyno tuning experience and years of expertise should be valued more than others on here.
We all on here have cars that run well and feel that we know some good stuff to share with noobs for free.
Did you build your own,or at least pay an experienced builder with data and experience to finish up your project? I ask because the last few that have been done here, by myself and the members of this shop are well respected builds. Not all are high dollar engines,but they perform exceedingly well compared to pieces bought from name brand builders like Shafiroff and Steve Schmidt.The dyno numbers are better, the track times are better,in heavier cars than the competition and the price was better to the end consumer. Take care.
Make power,quit bitchin, and drive hard.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:44 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

^^^ did I point that post towards you in any way?

I was actually quite impressed by this post here/
Originally Posted by n2fastuff
Your parameters - stock bottom end,GT40's(or40x's), and a decent intake(at least a gt40/cobra style or a performer - keep it in the idle-6000 range)
This cam has proven its worth with quick acceleration, a broad torque curve and valvetrain stability(read as durability).Concentrate more on valve seat timing(creating cylinder pressure,which equals torque and better acceleration rate). Need to keep duration mild for low end and mid range throttle response to keep it FUN to drive while coming out of the corners in the twists and turns.
Erson has a well proven cam similar to the Steeda #19 in my car.
ERSON # E212837 2300-5800 rpm range 218' int/ 226' exh. 110' LSA /.544 lift.
allows you to turn 6000-6200 with no issue,while keeping good low end torque . Responsive and hard charging is the way this cam runs. I have three customers with this cam, and it does what it sounds like you are looking for.
My quams are with the dee dee dee's that think underdrive pullies will net you 10-15 hp, and that 19° of base timing is actually HELPING them make power.. not you, your shop, or your posts.

and the work that I have paid to have done on my car.
built shortblock - fordstrokers.net
welded subframe connectors - ASM performance

yep... thats all I've outsourced. Everthing else gets done right here, in my driveway/garage.

oh, and i had my cam done for me too... Camshaft Innovations

man, it took a HUGE hammer to get that thing into my block... I wasnt sure if it went in the front of the car, or the rear!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 PM
19stang88
3rd Gear Member

hey im right there with you! im 17. im building a 331 stroker but before i do that i want a good suspension better brakes, rear disc brakes. 5 lug conversion and gears.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 PM
89LX5pointO
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bubba 95SN
350rwhp- budget ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Not happening. GT and Exploder wth? Step on up and drop some real money then talk HP.
Man, although MOST people on this site are very cool, patient, and helpful, some people are just straight up rude on this site! Not EVERYONE on this site is a 5.0 pro builder! Asking questions are how people learn...pompous people irritate the sh*t out of me!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:25 PM
EYE8RICE

They all just forget that they were once inexperienced noobs too that didn't know the canuder valve from the turning signal fluid bearing. New freshman getin' picked on by the seniors.....sh*t.......reality is this is the only place they can go pick on someone because they didn't **** as much time or money into their hobby. Most would rather brag and show you their build than help you with your own. All ready to tell you that's not how you do it; just cause they went a different route.

Don't worry so much about if you got one of 'this' or 'that'. As long as you like your stang and want/willing to learn more.

hope I don't get burned, it's only my second post. lol.

Sorry for the lecture but ease up guys..Acting like a bunch a d-bags.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:18 PM
brendanryan0510
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EYE8RICE
They all just forget that they were once inexperienced noobs too that didn't know the canuder valve from the turning signal fluid bearing. New freshman getin' picked on by the seniors.....sh*t.......reality is this is the only place they can go pick on someone because they didn't **** as much time or money into their hobby. Most would rather brag and show you their build than help you with your own. All ready to tell you that's not how you do it; just cause they went a different route.

Don't worry so much about if you got one of 'this' or 'that'. As long as you like your stang and want/willing to learn more.

hope I don't get burned, it's only my second post. lol.

Sorry for the lecture but ease up guys..Acting like a bunch a d-bags.

thats why im never on here and im always on allfordmustangs. but there are a few people that i find helpful on here and i really appreciate their help.

Adder, as soon as i fix the exhaust on my car we will have to meet up
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by brendanryan0510
Adder, as soon as i fix the exhaust on my car we will have to meet up
No problem man. I just got my car running on its own today. I need to track down a massive vac leak before i can do any kind of driving/tuning though.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:56 PM
brendanryan0510
1st Gear Member

No problem man. I just got my car running on its own today. I need to track down a massive vac leak before i can do any kind of driving/tuning though.
yeah. i let my mom drive my car because i still dont have my liscence (another year!!). she came to pick me up at school and told me it didnt sound right and it sounded like a truck. well when i got home my midpipe had broken just before it goes into the pipe before the mufflers. right at the connector for the midpipe and catback. so im thinking about just dropping it off at sunoco on 116 and having them fix it for me.

as soon as we are both ready we will have to set something up. im at that car show at a&w every tuesday so maybe we can meet there.

btw, i didnt know you graduated from shs.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

you are really considering wasting your money letting a shop fix your car, especially when I live 5 minutes from you?

Quick Reply: Need help getting to 350rwhp!