5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Finally found my notch!

Old 04-11-2010, 03:42 PM
PsychobillyToys

Default Finally found my notch!

After almost 4 months of looking for a good mustang, I found a good looking notch. It's an old Florida Highway Patrol car, believe it was unmarked vice regular paint scheme, with original wheels and great interior. Engine has trick flow heads, edelbrock intake, and a lunati cam and has been converted to a T5 from the auto. Was only able to find a couple tiny drops of oil on the engine, coming from the front pan drain plug and a very little bit under the pulley right above that. A/C is still in the car, just needs to be charged, and some of the smog system still remains, just not the smog pump and some of the vacuum bits. There's very little to no rust on the bottom of the car, just light stuff here and there, no large patches. It's got off road H pipes on it now, do you guys think I can just replace that with a catted one and get it through Virginia's emissions? There was also a bit of bubbling in some paint above the LX trim piece behind the driver's side front fender. The oil drops and bubbling were the only things I saw wrong with the car, it drove straight, and accelerated and braked well with no pulling to either side. Don't think I got taken too bad, considering its a notch and its SSP history (I'm not awesome at negotiation), I got him to what I decided my max was.

How hard is it to adjust the clutches in these things?

Anyway, long time lurker, hope to be asking you guys all kinds of dumb questions about how to work on these things soon. Just not like the guy that used water to rinse his oil pain out while the car was running...
Old 04-11-2010, 03:51 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

not too hard, jsut gotta get under the car and adjust the bolts,
Ps were are the pics!
And i remeber that guy! that was a hilarious post! hahahah
Old 04-11-2010, 03:51 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

pics or gtfo
Old 04-11-2010, 08:46 PM
PsychobillyToys

Default Pics

Originally Posted by mjr46
pics or gtfo
And all this time, I thought it was **** or GTFO.. I'll get the pics up as soon as I can get some. Of the car, I mean.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:40 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^that too lol
Old 04-11-2010, 11:51 PM
LiveFastDriveFaster
1st Gear Member

I still don't believe that someone is that damned stupied to run water thru their motor! An when I read that post my brain was screaming BS! Anyways congrats on the find. Lookin forward to pics!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:32 PM
PsychobillyToys

Default Picked it up today!

I took off work early today with a buddy and tore out to the guy's house to get the Mustang today. Drove it 2 1/2 hours back to my house down some fun back roads and got to play with it a little bit, but since I'm new to V8s, didn't do anything stupid. I'm trying to post pics here, not having much luck, but I did upload 3 pics of it into my photo album under my user profile.

Last edited by PsychobillyToys; 04-16-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:50 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ya they sure are fun!

ill give you some help, an easy way to do it is go to photobuket, and start your own account,
thne upload the photos onto photobucket, then copy paste the image code, onto the message box and wa-la we have pictures now get on it
Old 04-16-2010, 05:08 PM
PsychobillyToys

Default maybe now?

Thanks for the easy how to!

Now to find a way to make the local cops all think its super cool that this is an old cop car, so they let me out of stuff..
Old 04-16-2010, 05:32 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

looks very nice man! congrats

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally found my notch!