5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Just wanted to say thanks for the input, I bought an engine today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:56 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

Default Just wanted to say thanks for the input, I bought an engine today!

Picked this up today for 500.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182 Actually it cost me 470 and a taillight. One of the workers at the yard knocked it out with a forklift. Guy claimed 75k on it and actually drove the truck before pulling it. He said he bought it with title problems and just parted the whole vehicle. It looks good. Not to much slack in the timing chain. Rear main seal showed no sign of leaking or leaks anywhere else. So maybe I got lucky.

I am gonna put new springs on it and some kind of supercharger cam. Haven't really looked into any yet. I have a timing chain laying around so, it will see use. If the engine in my car is okay, I am gonna use the oil pump out of it since it only had 5k miles on it. Don't know about the throttle body. I do want a 70mm but will have to look into what it will be to modify it. Gonna sell the intake since I will be using mine.

Anyways, thanks for the input on the purchase, I am gonna buy up a few parts and hopefully have it going soon.