5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

EGR Valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:05 PM
irhino2

Is that kind of attitude really needed??

It's supposed to be dyno tested and guaranteed.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by irhino2
Is that kind of attitude really needed??

It's supposed to be dyno tested and guaranteed.
what to know whats inside that little black chip?

yup, thats right, 10 cent resistors, but hey, its your money, buy whatever you want.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:01 PM
irhino2

I haven't bought anything yet. I'm still doing research.

I did find an egr eliminator. Has anyone had any experience with these at all?

http://www.adaptiveperformance.com/egr.htm
Old 05-01-2010, 10:09 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

so you want to spend money to get worse gas mileage?
Old 05-01-2010, 11:09 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
wow, you've got to be the dumbest mother****er in the world to think $70 is going to get you 50hp
or the smartest lol

in all seriousness though those chips are garbage, if you want a chip that's going to help your car out you need to get it on the dyno and have a custom chip burned for your application. they can also turn the EGR off at that time so you won't have a CEL.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:23 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

that chip is garbage as others have said. the fact that its good for all mustangs from the 80s to present should tell you something. there has been many different computers used during those years, no chip that actually does anything; a) comes in the mail, and b) works for all year mustangs.

leave the egr there. there is no hp gain in removing it. i would kill to have my egr valve back but if your like myself and adder who run the efi spyder intake (which is a modified cab intake) there is no way to run an egr. but for the record, that second link you posted about the egr simulator, i run that to keep my cel off. works good but in the end, its just three $0.10 resistors inside it
Old 05-02-2010, 12:08 AM
muzzy
1st Gear Member

Hi- Please take it from me, gimmicks don’t work, get you car on a dyno for a good tune. Even then, you will be lucky to find 30HP. You could also call or go to the web site JDM engineering and they can send you a 93oct tune on a SCT tuner. All you do than is upload the new tune. I have owned a used car dealership for over 10 years now so I have seen it all. 50hp for 70 bucks, never seen that one, save your money.
Thanx-Muzzy 04 S281SC Convertible #355
42#
JLT cold air
JDM SCT 93 oct tune
90mm maf
75mm TB
Ported and Polished SC by PSE
Mosaleen pulley sys
Gaterback belt
NGK tr6 @034
2.9 pulley
Chicane ss braded IC lines
Carbon fiber dash kit and shift ****
1 bottle of water wetter (haha)
Old 05-02-2010, 12:43 AM
irhino2

My thoughts were the engine temp difference. Plus, the cleaner look under the hood. So, insults really are uncalled for. Grow up!! A cooler intake means cooler air going into the heads, which means a cooler running motor and a slight HP gain. You insulters obviously have no idea how the EGR system works. It puts hot air from the exhaust right back into the intake creating much hotter air flowing into the engine, which means a restriction in HP.

Muzzy, the 95 is an obd 1 Not obd2. From everything I've ever been taught, a tune like you aren't mentioning won't work with the obd1 set-up, but I could be wrong. I've always been told that it requires a performance chip.

Last edited by irhino2; 05-02-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:10 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

My thoughts were the engine temp difference. Plus, the cleaner look under the hood. So, insults really are uncalled for. Grow up!! A cooler intake means cooler air going into the heads, which means a cooler running motor and a slight HP gain. You insulters obviously have no idea how the EGR system works. It puts hot air from the exhaust right back into the intake creating much hotter air flowing into the engine, which means a restriction in HP.

Muzzy, the 95 is an obd 1 Not obd2. From everything I've ever been taught, a tune like you aren't mentioning won't work with the obd1 set-up, but I could be wrong. I've always been told that it requires a performance chip.
the egr valve has solenoids controlled by the computer. it isnt open all the time and when it is open, not much exhaust passes though it. it creates a cleaner burning mix so like said before you arent gaining hp by ditching it

Last edited by luckythirteen13; 05-02-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:12 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Please, learn why it does what it does.

http://tinyurl.com/nlrklv

Quick Reply: EGR Valve