5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Modding my 1995 mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Foxxyy

Default Modding my 1995 mustang GT

I just recently got a 1995 mustang GT V8 5.0 from my dad. He bought it for 3700. It has around 150k+ miles on it which worried me at first but i plan on getting the engine replaced by a rebuilt one in a year or two. So i've been wondering what the smartest mods would be to add to it. It already has a few on it like a cool air intake, a Mach 460 sound sytem and a RS4 proformace chip. I'm wanting to make it a car envy for everyone else. I'm adding proformace mufflers here soon for around $300. I want to increase her speed so turbo chargers have been on my mind...
Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by Foxxyy
. So i've been wondering what the smartest mods would be to add to it.. I'm wanting to make it a car envy for everyone else. . I want to increase her speed so turbo chargers have been on my mind...
none of your post conforms to the content criteria of the tech section so it's obvious you didn't read this so please take time to do such, further violations will result in thread deletions, thank you https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...bers-read.html
Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by Foxxyy;
I just recently got a 1995 mustang GT V8 5.0 from my dad. He bought it for 3700. It has around 150k+ miles on it which worried me at first but i plan on getting the engine replaced by a rebuilt one in a year or two. So i've been wondering what the smartest mods would be to add to it. It already has a few on it like a cool air intake, a Mach 460 sound sytem and a RS4 proformace chip. I'm wanting to make it a car envy for everyone else. I'm adding proformace mufflers here soon for around $300. I want to increase her speed so turbo chargers have been on my mind...
you have much to learn young one. The first thing you should do is remove the "rs4 performance chip" as it's likely to be one of the ACT sensor scams.

As for the engine. Unless it's burning oil, or knocking... Leave it be. The 5.0 engine is quite a stout power plant.

Before you go wasting money on modifications that will net you nothing, except a lighter,thinner wallet... Make sure you ask us here.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
ProTrickVic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
you have much to learn young one. The first thing you should do is remove the "rs4 performance chip" as it's likely to be one of the ACT sensor scams.

As for the engine. Unless it's burning oil, or knocking... Leave it be. The 5.0 engine is quite a stout power plant.

Before you go wasting money on modifications that will net you nothing, except a lighter,thinner wallet... Make sure you ask us here.

i hope with that last statement you're referencing only a few specific people on here. other than that...the majority of the population i see is under experienced and people who place their opinion in place of facts.

also to the OP
+1 remove that chip and leave the motor alone unless its burning oil or knocking. also get a magnetic oil plug to monitor between oil changes to see if the bearings are getting chewed up.

save your nickles and dimes, formulate a goal in mind, post it up and we'll try to lead you in the right direction.

things to think about.
-daily driver?
-only form of transportation?
-budget?
-limitation on your resources?

start there and we'll see where that lands you.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

That sums it up, 150k on a 5.0l isnt anything to worry over!

A sn95 will get into your wallet a little deeper than a fox! special bs parts! some can be worked around!

yes a goal is the best way to go!

after you have your goal then comes the hurt!!!

Fast is fun but rarely cheap!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:45 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forum. pics of the car?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Foxxyy

It is my daily driver, i need it to get to school and such. Im starting my job here in the next few days and i dont have any expenses expect for gas/insurance. Thats why i wanted to make my car a little more...Disirable? I'll be adding pictures as soon as i can figure out how to get them on here Thanks for everyones opinions so far and yes i know im kind of a noob at this but hey gimme a break.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
ProTrickVic
2nd Gear Member

then if i were you i'd do suspension mods only for right now. relatively cheap, not a lot of down time and deff makes your vehicle more desirable to drive. traction rocks
Old 07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

to post pics upload them to photobucket and use the [img] link [/img] format

if it is you DD like mine was for almost 3 years i would go with suspension first like protrickvic said. its relativley cheap and easy to do. shocks, springs, control arms (upper and lower) and subframe connectors. that will give you a good start and will give you better control for the power you will get later one when you build the motor.

also how far do you commute? gears is another good option. go with 3.55s or 3.73s if its a stick. i drove my car daily w/ 3.73s and a 5spd and still got about 20mpg if i wasnt beating it. **** i still get 21mpg on the highway on cuise at 68mph after my hci swap

you mentioned exhaust check out the exhaust sticky and find one that sounds good to you. the stock manifolds are the most restricive part of the stock exhaust so a good set of shorties will help you out.

here is the link:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...on-thread.html

also if you want better looks get some new wheels cuz the stock sn-95 wheels are ulgy.

Last edited by nacanitihs; 07-13-2010 at 03:08 PM.