MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   egr delete (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/621010-egr-delete.html)

nightmare90gt 10-21-2010 04:55 PM

egr delete

i was wandering if someone can post pics on how to delete your entire egr system.

Bubba 95SN 10-21-2010 07:26 PM

Cap pipe inlet. Remove egr make aluminum plate to block opening. Put a cap on vacum to evr. They sell resisters to keep cel off. Got the picture?

nightmare90gt 10-21-2010 11:10 PM

it is just much easier if i have pics of everything that i can get rid of

also which egr sim should i go with the one off ebay or the one from rjm.

AdderMk2 10-22-2010 07:08 AM

you should just leave the EGR system intact. It will keep your fuel mileage up, and your cylinder temps down.

It still confuses me as to why people are so gun-ho about killing their fuel mileage,

nightmare90gt 10-22-2010 08:35 PM

i am not intirely sure if its hooked up or if it is hooked up right.

AdderMk2 10-22-2010 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by nightmare90gt (Post 7256300)
i am not intirely sure if its hooked up or if it is hooked up right.

well then maybe you should put some time into fixing it.... in the end, itll cost you less money to have it functioning properly, then if you delete it.

nightmare90gt 10-22-2010 11:02 PM

well if someone could post pics of how its hooked up

jsaleen90 10-23-2010 06:57 AM

People think the EGR system robbs power that is why the y remove it.

In actuallity it is only open during crusing. When you are on wide open throttle it is completely closed as if it is not there at all so removing it doesnt buy you anything at all. Plus the benefits that it does give you when you are just crusing is definitelly worth keeping it intact. Like others said it lowers your cylinder temps and increases fuel economy when cruising.

Dont remove it just fix it.

nightmare90gt 10-23-2010 09:24 AM

k i will keep it i just need to see if its hooked up properly

Levan 11-08-2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by jsaleen90 (Post 7256636)
People think the EGR system robbs power that is why the y remove it.

In actuallity it is only open during crusing. When you are on wide open throttle it is completely closed as if it is not there at all so removing it doesnt buy you anything at all. Plus the benefits that it does give you when you are just crusing is definitelly worth keeping it intact. Like others said it lowers your cylinder temps and increases fuel economy when cruising.

Dont remove it just fix it.

Seeing this I'm starting to realize that I will have to buy new one because I can't fix it by just cleaning it ((

One tech told me that the early versions of EGR valve can't be cleaned as its diaphragm gets worse time to time and completely going bad.

One thing I want to know, do I need to buy MAF sensor altogether to completely eliminate engine bucking on low rpm's during acceleration?