5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Anyone ever paint their mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Bubba 95SN
4th Gear Member

I'm color confused not color blind. WTF? some shades of blue are green and vise versa, red is brown and vise versa. At 35, 22 years ago I painted a steering column and customer service manager and other mechanics were laughing their *** off." What? Do you see a problem here ?" Shade off so what. Well that it explained why ALL the wiring diagrams were wrong. Had to go to pin out in manual and cypher from there. Remember my older sister telling me when I got dressed for school "Blue don't go with green , I know that " Thus my car is off for a squirt job. Sucker may be two toned if I did it. Not color blind just confused. Anyone else got this issue? Bubba

Last edited by Bubba 95SN; 11-29-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: the print was gray no no black
Old 11-30-2010, 06:29 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 89GTnoob
Completely dry paint, couldn't feel grit in the compound, and by hand.
they make a heavy cut compound for clear coat and you need to use a buffer doing it by hand is just not gone to work real well on large areas. Most of today's HS clear sets up real hard when fully dry. you all so need to listen when doing it for scrape sounds that is a sign there is dirt between the paper and paint.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:39 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bubba 95SN
I'm color confused not color blind. WTF? some shades of blue are green and vise versa, red is brown and vise versa. At 35, 22 years ago I painted a steering column and customer service manager and other mechanics were laughing their *** off." What? Do you see a problem here ?" Shade off so what. Well that it explained why ALL the wiring diagrams were wrong. Had to go to pin out in manual and cypher from there. Remember my older sister telling me when I got dressed for school "Blue don't go with green , I know that " Thus my car is off for a squirt job. Sucker may be two toned if I did it. Not color blind just confused. Anyone else got this issue? Bubba
ROFLMAO I hear you. you should have to make **** match the panels next to what you are painting 10 different variants for the same color code and they still dont match then you got to start tinting the paint.. I had the same problems with wiring diagrams before in the end the colors was right it was me ADD is a bad thing and even worse when you get old LOL