5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

93 LX 5.0 Convertible - Yellow and White

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Uneek

Default 93 LX 5.0 Convertible - Yellow and White

Hello forum. I recently traded a boat I had for a Mustang Convertible. It's a 93 and has a 5.0. I had it posted up for sale and got a phone call. Long story short, after this guy asked me to check these places all over the vehicle I found a tag near the radiator that says "FEATURE" on it.

He told me he wanted it but needed to get the money. What significance does this FEATURE tag have and can anyone tell me more about it?

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

never heard of it.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Uneek

KBB and NADA had a little bit of info. KBB says that only 1500 yellow's were produced. NADA has a special section under Auto>Ford>1993>Mustang LX then there is a 2 Dr Special Edition Convertible.

I am more so curious about desirability of something like this. I hadn't heard of one until coming across this vehicle.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

hmm, there is a rare almond color i think. thats all the comes to mind as far as "yellow"

there was a all white 'vert, white paint, white interior, and a "7-up" green paint with white interior 'vert too.... thats all I know of.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

pics and vin number??
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

sounds like you have the chrome yellow 93 feature car... they only built a handful of them...

there was also a red one.... and the white one like mentioned... the red was a 92 tho
Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

the limited edition verts were:

'90 7-up (emerald green , white top with turbines) about 5000 i think, no spoiler
'92 1/2 (red with white top and white ponies) about 3500, with spoiler
'93 1/3(chrome yellow, black top with chrome ponies) about 1500, with spoiler
'93 1/3(white with white top and white ponies) about 1500 made, with spoiler

my numbers should be good, there were possibly some white cars with black tops, and you could order a '91 emerald green car with white top... it is NOT a limited car... in 1990 you could only get emerald green on the limited vert. and a lot have a spoiler... but they did NOT come with it. only the '92's and '93's

also fyi, the yellow car was the ONLY fox ever made with chrome ponies
Old 02-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nitrous_bob
the limited edition verts were:

and you could order a '91 emerald green car with white top... it is NOT a limited car...
thats what ive got lol.

green, white top, white/titanium interior. the 7up cars were all white interior, dash and center console included. the 91s you could only get with the white/titanium combo...

to date, my 91 is the only 5 speed emerald green convertible with a white top and white/titanium interior that ive ever seen, that lady GHOSTHORSE (she frequents OT a lot) has the exact same car, only auto... well at least she did until she painted it gray and put a black interior in it... sooooo i dont count her anymore haha.

as much as i hate my pos. i cant bear to get rid of it. id prolly part it out or push it off a cliff before id sell it. rather destroy it than see someone else behind the wheel...
Old 02-12-2011, 05:13 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelty
thats what ive got lol.
that lady GHOSTHORSE (she frequents OT a lot) has the exact same car, only auto... well at least she did until she painted it gray and put a black interior in it... sooooo i dont count her anymore haha.

BLASPHEMY !!!!!!! emerald is a sweet color. i kind of regret selling my 7-up car. it would have needed a new top to move it from cali back to michigan and it was AOD to boot... but i wish i still had it now.

i cant tell you how many times i have seem guys refer to their 91 verts as "7-up cars" mostly when i was looking for mine i saw that a lot. and there are fake ones too.... i was surprised. you need to look at the paint code to make sure it was the "special order"

i did have the wrong wheels and the wrong spoiler too... but it looked sooo much better that way

stock wheels...

VS the ponies.... no brainer right ? thats the same day and it looks like a diff car

Old 02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

not a bad looking car.

sadly mine needs a decent amount of work... little thing here, little thing there... if i keep it, i am gonna ditch the white top (even tho its only 3 years old now, it looks like its 13...) for a black one, replace the white door panels and rear panels with gray and replace the white seats with some form of a corbeau or newer mustang seat. but she will remain the same color... which will be fun cuz it needs bodywork in a few spots

Quick Reply: 93 LX 5.0 Convertible - Yellow and White