5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

1993 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Foxbodylover

Default 1993 Cobra

Haven't been on in a while. I polled everyone almost two years ago about trading my 66 coupe for a low mileage 1991 GT. Everyone said the 66 would hold its value better and that 87-93 Fox bodys were a dime a dozen. I am back to yet another opportunity. I have a chance to purchase a one owner, 62,000 original mile, clean 1993 Cobra with cloth interior and no sunroof. Since Ford only made 4,993 of these I am assuming the value will only go up if I take care of it. The asking price is $15,500. What is everyone's opinion on the 93' Cobra and how is the outlook for appreciation? I am not out to get rich on the thing but want to know what I can expect by keeping it a garage queen and driving it in the sun. Anyone own one ?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

93 Cobra is definitely a classic collector car of the future. I noticed it came with cloth interior....majority were leather. What color is the cloth interior? That may be something interesting in the future. As far as price....$15,500 with 62K, that seems high to me. Under/around 10K is about the right price....it's not a collector car yet and there are many of these Cobras for sale priced properly. I attached the Cobra Registry...some interesting info. I got this off the internet....I don't know how accurate this is....always 2nd source important info!!!

http://www.1993cobra.com/Production.html

http://1993cobra.com/

Last edited by daredevil95; 02-14-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
ssj50driver

I'd check the VIN# and run it to be sure. There are a lot of people trying to make extra money out there and then claim they were unaware that the gold you purchased was actually fool's gold. I hope this isn't the case.... I would go for the 1993 cobra but I am partial of course. Have a good one.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Foxbodylover

You go on to Kelly or Nada and both say the car is worth only about 9k if it's in excellent condition which I find hard to believe. Though a Mustang enthusiast such as myself would obviously value it higher. According to my research there were 1,854 of 4,993 painted black with 327 that had gray cloth and 448 that had black cloth. He says it has charcoal interior so whether that is gray or black remains to be seen. I am definitely going to get it inspected and also decode the VIN before pursuing it seriously. I am thinking I would offer in the neighborhood of 12k. Otherwise I would have to travel to buy one of these in the future which would add extra expense anyway. These are extremely rare up here in the northwest. Thoughts ?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

kbb does not drive the market for these...under 10k for a low mileage clean one is absurd.......I shopped for one for a while range was 13 to 17k for them when I was looking
Old 02-15-2011, 11:34 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Foxbodylover
You go on to Kelly or Nada and both say the car is worth only about 9k if it's in excellent condition which I find hard to believe. Though a Mustang enthusiast such as myself would obviously value it higher. According to my research there were 1,854 of 4,993 painted black with 327 that had gray cloth and 448 that had black cloth. He says it has charcoal interior so whether that is gray or black remains to be seen. I am definitely going to get it inspected and also decode the VIN before pursuing it seriously. I am thinking I would offer in the neighborhood of 12k. Otherwise I would have to travel to buy one of these in the future which would add extra expense anyway. These are extremely rare up here in the northwest. Thoughts ?
The car doesn't seem bad just over priced. I wouldn't consider 62K low mileage but, for the model year some will consider it low mileage....it's all in perspective. You could get a truly low mileage with less then 20K for under/around $20,000....the deals are out there....I also watch the market. There are those sellers that I assume are in the car collector business that ask high prices and their cars will take a year to sell......if it sells at all. If you could wait the correct deal will eventually materialize.

In the end if it makes you happy go for it....the enjoyment of driving is gratifying enough and if you make profit later great! Do what feels right to you!! Good luck!!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Bubba 95SN
4th Gear Member

Lordy, I earn my money alot harder than the fellow that has that 93 Cobra.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

price is a bit high, but check it out and make sure its legit.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Blown408
2nd Gear Member

12K tops...I would shop around. If you really want one start looking and dont jump on the first one you see. My guess is that car will sit for a while at that price. But if it is truely clean then I would low ball them up front and work from there. My guess is if it is a dealer than they probably got it for half that price. They will dicker with you if they truely want to move the car.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

12-15k. That amount could be higher but not much, if the cloth seat deal and the car is legit. The mileage on that car is going to be the deal breaker. Its more of a driver survivor at that point.

Quick Reply: 1993 Cobra