5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

S/C install begins *** update DONE!!! 5/22 ****

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:54 PM
sk92notch

Oh yeah luv the car man, took it to the beach in May almost had tragedy, lol I went out in the morning to leave for OC and when i started it the fuel line goin into he carb was weather cracked bad and the fuel squirted up onto the air filter and it caught fire, i was flippin, lol but i ripped off the air cleaner and luckily the only thing it ruined was the air filter. Put a new fuel line and air filter on it and off I went. 17.8 mpg goin down, was pretty pleased with that. Do you think twisted wedge heads will be over kill for the street heat trick flow set up, not to sure about all the right set ups together but i've been reading alot about it on these forums so im learning
Old 06-24-2011, 08:23 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by sk92notch
Oh yeah luv the car man, took it to the beach in May almost had tragedy, lol I went out in the morning to leave for OC and when i started it the fuel line goin into he carb was weather cracked bad and the fuel squirted up onto the air filter and it caught fire, i was flippin, lol but i ripped off the air cleaner and luckily the only thing it ruined was the air filter. Put a new fuel line and air filter on it and off I went. 17.8 mpg goin down, was pretty pleased with that. Do you think twisted wedge heads will be over kill for the street heat trick flow set up, not to sure about all the right set ups together but i've been reading alot about it on these forums so im learning
that line has been on there since 2003 when i CONVERTED THE CAR........glad you got the fire out.........wow 17.8 mpg's ..not bad for a carb'ed car, I'm suprised it did that well, I never clocked the mpg's ..........no the twisted wedge 170cc heads will be fine, those heads will allow you to run a 2.02 valved head without having to flycut the pistons and should work fine with the f-cam that is in there, otherwise if you go with a inline valved head such as edelbrock or afr, you should stick with the 1.90/1.60 valve heads ....on the convertible in this thread, i'm running edelbrock rpm heads with the 1.90/1.60 valve set up, with those heads, the custom cam I have and the rpm 2 intake , 24 lb inj and a pro-m 75mm maf and bbk cai the car ran a 12.6 @108......so that gives you an idea