5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

My Notch Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

ROFLMAO!!!!! this is great!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:31 AM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

theres this awkward funk in the air, like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table... rofl
Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
oatburner99
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
Mouthing off?? you'd better get your facts straight AS WELL AS THICKER SKIN so you can take constructive criticism, I was not belligerant in anyway, I was simply stating facts and first hand experience....and sorry if I didn't scroll back to page one to look at nitto STREET tires...Furthermore, sorry if I don't give you praise for achieving what thousands of stock mustang owners have achieved on street tires including myself = mid to high 14 sec et's.....you want praise pull mid to low 13's or even a high 12 on a stock uncracked long block 5.0...that my friend is worthy of praise and there are a few here who have done it....AND i 'd suggest you simmer down and not get mouthy with me or your thread is done, consider yourself warned ...understand??? good day. P.S : in all seriousness I wish you luck on your next outing and hope you continue improving, after all that's what it's all about

this ones for you riceburner99 , I suppose I could at least give you this small gesture on your recent accomplishment A SPECIAL E...well you know....
First off I wasn't looking for praise. Just sharing pictures like everyone else does. I didn't take offense to what you said, and I don't need thicker skin.
Not once in my thread have I said this is the most badass car, and it's so fast and looking for someone to make my head bigger. I created this thread to share what I'm doing. Just as many other people (as you have stated above) have done as well. You want to close the thread, that's up to you. I'm not trying to create confrontation. I was CORRECTING YOU and your facts, i.e what tire's were on the car. You came across mouthy to me about how those tire's are crap and I'll never buy another set etc etc. Those aren't on my car. I can certainly understand someone voicing their opinion on a inferior product, which you made perfectly clear on the NT555r's.

Your "FACTS" may have been true, NT555r's very well may be crap. I dunno. I have no experience with them. I'm just like everyone else on her man. Trying to do the best I can with what I've got. I appreciate your input, opinion good or bad.

oh and BTW....thanks for the special "E" :P
Old 06-22-2011, 11:21 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

sorry if it sounded mouthy, was not meant to be......I understand all to well what it means to do with what you got...I did not mean to upset you....early on I had 2 sets of nt555r's which best 60's were 1.90's ...the money one has to spend for the 555r's (and I know the debate is for such) is comparable to what the nt05r's cost as well as the MT'S so when your financially ready for drag radials, that's something to think about...the only benifit to the 555r's are they wear less than the mt's and nt05r's on the street, but like always there's a trade off, either way and I'm sure you know it, all 3 of the above listed tires are a step above the 555's because for all intents and purposes they are street tire...anyway, carry on and sorry if you took my post the wrong way, just tryin' to save you some trial and error....carry on with your thread
Old 06-22-2011, 11:32 AM
oatburner99
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man. I appreciate the insight. One of my local friends here in Temple (ProjectResto83) told me last night about your tire thread, which I haven't read yet, but plan on checking out after work.

Sorry for bein snappy, and your sig holds alot of truth and not alot of people think about that. Including me and my little rant. So again thank you.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by oatburner99
Thanks man. I appreciate the insight. One of my local friends here in Temple (ProjectResto83) told me last night about your tire thread, which I haven't read yet, but plan on checking out after work.

Sorry for bein snappy, and your sig holds alot of truth and not alot of people think about that. Including me and my little rant. So again thank you.
no problem....yeah I know Justin...well via the internet, but yeah check out the thread, I bought the nto5r's when they first hit the market and they worked well at the track, the mt's are still better, I have a set of those on my 85 the nto5r's were on my 89 vert, I removed them last fall and put the street tires back on, only for the simple fact the car sees track duty 1 time a year and man they started to wear quick on the street and 160 beans a tire is a healthy bit to stomach to just wear them off in a few months for street driving
Old 06-22-2011, 03:40 PM
racer44

nice car
Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

yikes did i start this lol

im not picking on anyone here... just stating my personal experience, and from what i have witnessed at the drag strip.....which i have been taking a 5.0 mustang to since 1990. so i dont think i speak with "non-experience"

i too have cut 2.2's with stock radials in fact i cut a 2.1 on street radials on nitrous in my '90 GT vert, heres the timeslip

this is one of my crappiest 60 foots, but i think i saved it cuz it was my fastest mph, either on sportsman pro or ET streets. '89 notch on a 75 shot

same car as above but on all stock motor. '89 notch long tubes, et streets and thats about it

i have NEVER personally witnessed a a nitto 555anything cut better than a 2.XX
thats all im saying..... i heard the new ones are great...but i have no reason to try them, cuz i KNOW my ET streets will do what i want

thats all im saying......and people compare the 2 like they compare 3.73 V 4.10

like there is a night and day diff from mild mannered hiway cruzer to drag only trailer car.....but thats another argument... LOL
Old 06-22-2011, 05:44 PM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oatburner99
I was launching at around 2000 and finally @ 1800 on the nitto's. With 32 psi in em. Going to drop pressure and see what it does. The other thing is you have to go through the water box. They won't let you go around , so that plays a role too. Lot's of variables involved. Considering everything stacked against me, I was pretty happy with a 14.7 for a stock notch with exhaust.
My track won't let you in the water on street tires for safety reasons. Your track seems kinda backwards on that deal.
Another thing that worked for me is that my street tires, which were 265/50R15 BFG Euro T/A's at the time actually hooked better @ 44psi than at 32psi. May not work in your situation, but worth a shot. With those I was getting about a 2.02 60ft time.
Next time at the track, give it a shot. Nothing to lose. I don't know what your car weighs either. Mine weighed 3180 stock back then and 3360 with me in it.
Good luck, with practice, you will get it faster. I got mine to launch the best back then by slightly slipping the clutch leaving at 2500 till it got rolling then let it all out. This helped to keep from shocking the suspension and reduced wheelspin. I currently run a set of Hancook Ventus 265/50R15 and they hook decent for a street tire.

Last edited by lxman1; 06-22-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

There isn't room at our track to go around the water. The staging lanes do a 180* turn slightly uphill and straight to the lanes so we don't have a choice either way. If you didn't know the strip was there you would pass it up completely lol.

Quick Reply: My Notch Build