5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

3.73's or 4.10's

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 01:59 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

I had 3.73's in my 95 gt a couple years back and I thought they were alittle much for me so i went with the 3.55's in my 93 gt not much of a change but alittle different feel.(Which I like)I never owned 4.10's but I know a few personal friends that have and said way too much gear for a DD mustang and they took them out and switched back to 3.73's.So if you like alot of shifting,high rpms and love to street race/drag race go for it ! DD not good...........

Last edited by 9redfox3; 08-15-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:01 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dr.JZ
...I simply gave a a lighthearted answer based on ownership of eight Mustangs over the years, from 10-sec drag cars to "slow" 14 second street rides.....guess you missed the Roush P51 signature, ehhh?
nope... i saw it, dont believe the numbers.... and although im not the "esteemed" signature reader you are, maybe i should update mine from 4 years ago so as to not misconstrue anything for you since now i communicate with my son via text rather than myspace

and i dont think he was looking for a "lighthearted" answer... but one with some thread of knowledge at minimum

While this response provided an entertaining wake-up this morning, I do not make it a habit to get into ridiculous pissing matches with people on internet forums....
nor do i.... but i have a low tolerance for ignorant answers that make no sense

it is a proven fact that even a stock '95 GT will boil a set of street radials with 4.10 gears; or, even 3.73 for that matter. Tire height and engine setup play major roles in which gear ratio would be "best" for a particular vehicle....no need to start bringing mathematical equations and "scientific proof" to justify an opinion for this particular post....I think most of us have other things to worry about in our life (or, perhaps not???)
but yet you still want to say 3.73 are better cuz with 4.10's you have to "constantly" replace tires ???

and fyi the "particular" vehicle in question was his... not any random car. so yes... a stock 5.0 is best with 4.10's

what people are on here for ... or as you say "are worrying about" is to get a real answer

oh did i say this already ????

I never claimed to be an expert, or have the gear ratio knowledge of such an esteemed ....it is just a question about gear ratios...lol. Let's move on....
absolutely we will move on... with a better educated answer than corky could give hopefully

no need to be an expert... just not a retard
Old 08-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Dr.JZ

and there you have it....
Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Dr.JZ

Guess I will continue the pissing contest....it is raining outside, anyways...

Do you know anything about the P51s???? If you seriously do not believe that a Roush-built and forged 3v engine rocking a 2.3 TVS blower making 14 psi with Detroit Rocker camshafts does not make over 540 rwhp on 93, you must be much dumber than you sound....or should I say, "Corky-ish?"

Better educate yourself on something other than gear ratios before questioning the power of someone's car....if you want to meet halfway from PA to MI and have a "serious and non-lighthearted" highway run to see P51 tail-lights, I am always game....

Last edited by Dr.JZ; 08-15-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 PM
giosoccer20
1st Gear Member

Hey Dr. JZ, i'm in PA too, i'll race ya...haha. your mustang is sick though i must say and i'd probably splooge my pants if i ever crossed paths with it in person
Old 08-15-2011, 08:51 PM
zinsavage123
1st Gear Member

go 4.10's I got 3.73's and am planning on going with 4.10's
Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Dr.JZ

Originally Posted by giosoccer20
Hey Dr. JZ, i'm in PA too, i'll race ya...haha. your mustang is sick though i must say and i'd probably splooge my pants if i ever crossed paths with it in person
I appreciate it man...we can get together, not a problem....always up for meeting a fellow Stanger...and, just so nobody gets their dirty panties in a wad, go with the 4.10s....this will make your GT multiply torque much faster, give you a big ****-eating grin each time you accelerate, and make the "all-business, no-kidding around" gear ratio police on this forum happy.....

The American Muscle show is this week in Media. I will be rolling down that way with a bunch of Terminators and nice Foxes....Maybe we can gather some coins together and pay for nitrousbob to venture down this way to verify the Roush's dynojet numbers????
Old 08-15-2011, 09:07 PM
giosoccer20
1st Gear Member

I appreciate it man...we can get together, not a problem....always up for meeting a fellow Stanger...and, just so nobody gets their dirty panties in a wad, go with the 4.10s....this will make your GT multiply torque much faster, give you a big ****-eating grin each time you accelerate, and make the "all-business, no-kidding around" gear ratio police on this forum happy.....

The American Muscle show is this week in Media. I will be rolling down that way with a bunch of Terminators and nice Foxes....Maybe we can gather some coins together and pay for nitrousbob to venture down this way to verify the Roush's dynojet numbers????
did you just say media...?? haha holy S**t i live in media. small world
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Dr.JZ

small world is an understatement...

yeah, the show is this Sunday and is one of the best around....you should stop by....just look for the P51....should not be too many of them there...lol
Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Guess I will continue the pissing contest.
No you won't either, both you and Bob can hug now and shake hands and call it quits, agree to disagree, thank you and have a good night, this matter is closed. thank you and have fun at your car show .

Quick Reply: 3.73's or 4.10's