5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

New guy with some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:17 AM
shiftbang

Talking New guy with some questions...

I am looking for a "lightning Maf" for my 94 gt. Can someone please recomend where to get one and or a part number.
Second is... Can someone recomend a wideband sensor for my car as well. Thanks for any and all info!!

FNG CJ
Old 09-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 09-06-2011, 05:05 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

What modifications do you have that make you think a LMAF is required for your build.

Fill us in with more details, and we can help you better.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:39 PM
shiftbang

H/C/I, 24#inj, fuel pump, adj reg, Cobra ecu... I ran across this car back in 05 The original owner had it set up for a SC but never went through with it. Right now im just wanting it to drive. It has the wrong maf on it right now for it. I was told by a tuner he recomends a lightning maf and wideband to get the car street able to drive. The car needs TLC. Thanks!!

CJ
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 PM
shiftbang

Anyone at all. I have tried googling I have tried searching every where. Any help.........
Old 09-07-2011, 05:42 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

http://forums.corral.net/forums/electronics/1305198-90mm-lightning-maf-$75.html
Old 09-08-2011, 01:03 AM
shiftbang

I have no prob getting that.....But I am wanting to drive N/A for now Would 90 be too big?? I am sure the tuner would make the best corrections to make it run. Thanks!!

CJ
Old 09-08-2011, 05:59 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Your setup shouldn't need anything other than a stock MAF. The factory 70mm flows pretty good, and usually doesn't require replacement until some slightly more wild mods are done.

Although, telling me the car has H/C/I doesn't say a damn thing. Could be a full GT-40 top end, or a high rev TLSR setup... How am I supposed to know.

details, details, details....
Old 09-08-2011, 12:44 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shiftbang
I am looking for a "lightning Maf" for my 94 gt. Can someone please recomend where to get one and or a part number.
Second is... Can someone recomend a wideband sensor for my car as well. Thanks for any and all info!!

FNG CJ
I wasn't sure if you were looking for a used take-off, or a new Lightning spec MAF. Here is the SCT MAF that is a direct replacement for the Lightning/Cobra cars: http://www.uprproducts.com/sct-90mm-maf-ba2600.html

I had an auto-meter wideband on my car, and it is a nice system.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:16 AM
shiftbang

Yeah to be honest Im lost in what all I should get. I can find anyone selling me promises just was looking to this forum for actual "it works better..." idea. I am not sure on the heads but the intake is the typhoon intake. The cam was speced for a S/C....So I am lost. I bought the car in 05. Ben sitting for a long time. Ben out of the mustang loop for a while. I am trying to go back in the paper work to find a list of all the parts. I remember crower rods and I forget the pistons. I see the BBK intake and TB. Well I will have to just drop the cash for a Maf from the tuner guy. Also I will buy the wideband from him aswell. Just need to get it running then look into a charger for the car. Thanks for the help guys.

CJ

Quick Reply: New guy with some questions...