5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What car do i buy?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DeathRattle
02WhiteGTVert...just because they're cheap doesn't mean they're garbage. I've found very good deals over the past few years. High mileage cars, people desperate to sell, people moving, people who have new cars, kids who are in college, people getting married, baby on the way, etc...besides the OP said he was looking for a cheap car anyway. And from the looks of it I don't think he's looking for a DD. He's looking for a cheap toy to take apart and make into a racer. Either of the three is fine for those purposes but #2 is the best IMO.
02WhiteGTVert, is just giving you is opinion you asked we are telling you? From what I reading about the three cars they are going to need work so if you want to buy something that cheap(plan on dumping tons of money into it) even the owners are really not sure whats wrong with the cars? Save your money until you got something that's worth buying, no need to buy someone's headache ! You need to have some patience and keep looking and if they won't let you drive the car don't even make an offer on them.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:32 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DeathRattle
02WhiteGTVert...just because they're cheap doesn't mean they're garbage. I've found very good deals over the past few years. High mileage cars, people desperate to sell, people moving, people who have new cars, kids who are in college, people getting married, baby on the way, etc...besides the OP said he was looking for a cheap car anyway. And from the looks of it I don't think he's looking for a DD. He's looking for a cheap toy to take apart and make into a racer. Either of the three is fine for those purposes but #2 is the best IMO.
Sorry buddy but cheap equals junk and you get what you pay for. If your not a master machenic like most of us aren't. These cars will cost a fortune to get in decent running condition.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:39 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

9redfox3, hey I def see what you, bluebeastsrt, and 02WhiteGTVert are saying. But like I mentioned, the OP doesn't seem to be looking for a reliable DD or something pretty. I'm under the impression that he is looking for something cheap to gut out and throw some juice at and rip down the track. If I was in the market for that then I would look for the closest thing to a roller that still runs (ONLY to drive it home). You don't need a good running engine if you're gonna rip it out anyway. And you don't need a clean interior if you're gonna rip all that out also is what I'm saying. So in that case any of those three cars are fine. It's not like they have a rod knock or anything. And whatever problems they do have sound like easy fixes to me. And it would be a good platform to gain knowledge and experience with. Why spend more money on a nicer car just to end up blowing the engine up which is inevitable? But if he is looking for a reliable nice car then you guys are absolutely right...and my bad if I came across as rude.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
mdskala
1st Gear Member

They all look like a win, pick the one you like best.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Explosive

car #2 sounds like less issues than the others. If #3 idled fine I'd say go for that one. test drive it first.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:38 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Got ya DeathRattle ....good luck happy holidays !