5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

I think they messed with my Mustang >:(

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM
MrPack91
1st Gear Member

Default I think they messed with my Mustang >:(

I took my newly bought 91 Mustang GT to Monro muffler and brake (I ended up here on accident trying to find a Jiffy Lube.) They told me it would be $21 for an oil change and an inspection so i'm like okay sounds good. I come back in an hour and pay and they close up and I drive home. The brakes are now squeeling loud everytime I touch them (they never squeeled before) and i'm hearing weird horn like sounds coming from either underneath or the rear of the car now. I'm not sure what to do, i'm so upset right now...
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Not really sure what they could have possibly done, but call them first thing in the morning and explain what your hearing and see what they say?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
MrPack91
1st Gear Member

I'm not sure either but isn't it odd they never squeaked before but now they do immediately after?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:37 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

It's not their fault that you don't maintain your own car. I hate people like you. Coming into my shop, telling me that I messed with it to try to get more money from you.

Did they tell you that you had brake problems? Why would someone mess with your car, when you coups easily go ANYWHERE else to fix it.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
eb2gt
2nd Gear Member

^ damn man take a chill pill....
Old 03-05-2012, 07:49 PM
mustangGT86_05
3rd Gear Member

I once worked on a car that I used an alignment rack to work on, meaning it was lifted by all 4 tires. I did an oil change, changed the ps fluid and cleaned the engine. Later we got a call complaining the brakes were spongey, which were never touched, then acted like the brake mc being able to wiggle wasn't normal. Obviously, the customer had it in her head we messed up something that was never touched.

Now I'm not saying you're wrong, but it may be in your head that the car is suddenly doing this. I find it normal for people to turn down the radio and then listen for little things they don't normally notice after service. Ask them what all did they to inspect your car, normally its a quick underhood inspection since checking brakes generally requires removing the wheels.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 PM
MrPack91
1st Gear Member

lol what an ***.
I just bought the car and I don't maintain it?

Anyways these are squealing loud now over the radio where they never did before and they did a brake inspection. I don't know enough about cars to say this or that was done to it I just know for a fact the squealing of the brakes and the other sound weren't there before.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

How hard is a friggin oil change? A 5/8" wrench, drain pan, 1A filter and 5 quarts of oil...

Learn to maintain your own vehicle. Wear and tear isn't the service stations fault. Things break, things wear out... Deal with it.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 PM
MrPack91
1st Gear Member

How about you leave this thread and let the people who don't have something stuck up their **** comment. Have a good night
Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by MrPack91
lol what an ***.
I just bought the car and I don't maintain it?

Anyways these are squealing loud now over the radio where they never did before and they did a brake inspection. I don't know enough about cars to say this or that was done to it I just know for a fact the squealing of the brakes and the other sound weren't there before.
so take it back to them to look at but FYI......if in the recent past cheap pads where put on such as the economy brand, better expect to change them in favor of ceramic pads for less squeal, semi -metallic pads we have had produce a lot of squeal in the past........and ignore addermk2

Last edited by mjr46; 03-05-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: I think they messed with my Mustang >:(