How to control my first V8? - Page 3 - MustangForums.com


5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #21  
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member
 
luckythirteen13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 9,088
Default

Sounds like a good time to build a stroker motor.

X3 for a Fox? Some ones first day on the job?

Last edited by luckythirteen13; 03-08-2012 at 07:30 PM.
luckythirteen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #22  
RedFox16
Thread Starter
 
RedFox16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 13
Default

Ok, I think I got a good list going. 3.73 gears, stack racing cold air intake, Mac equal length shorty headers, and flowmaster American thunder cat back.
RedFox16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #23  
89StangGTConvertible
2nd Gear Member
 
89StangGTConvertible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFox16 View Post
Ok, I think I got a good list going. 3.73 gears, stack racing cold air intake, Mac equal length shorty headers, and flowmaster American thunder cat back.
Yep. A good place to start.
89StangGTConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #24  
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member
 
luckythirteen13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 9,088
Default

Might as well do a mid pipe. after 200k the stock cats are done
luckythirteen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #25  
AdderMk2
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lil' Rhody
Posts: 22,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckythirteen13 View Post
Might as well do a mid pipe. after 200k the stock cats are done
which is probably the #1 reason the car is so slow.
AdderMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #26  
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdderMk2 View Post
Why am I not surprised that Steeda would try to sell more crap than a customer really needs.


If you can find a way to get a foxbody to utilize a SCT X3 tuner, I would be dumbfounded!
Oops, got mixed-up on the year of his Mustang. I apologize for that, I'll pay more attention next time.

Last edited by SteedaBrandon; 03-09-2012 at 11:53 AM.
SteedaBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #27  
89StangGTConvertible
2nd Gear Member
 
89StangGTConvertible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 158
Default

Like others have mentioned, GET RID of (or replace if you must) those clogged up cats! You will notice a huge difference right off the bat. I still have cats on mine, but my car has low mileage on her... I don't legally need them (car has Historic Tags, and therefore does not require emission testing in Maryland). Nevertheless, I have plans to have mine removed soon.
89StangGTConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #28  
AdderMk2
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lil' Rhody
Posts: 22,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGTConvertible View Post
Like others have mentioned, GET RID of (or replace if you must) those clogged up cats! You will notice a huge difference right off the bat. I still have cats on mine, but my car has low mileage on her... I don't legally need them (car has Historic Tags, and therefore does not require emission testing in Maryland). Nevertheless, I have plans to have mine removed soon.
Legally your car DOES need them, as it was produced after 1974. The historic tag only gets you to bypass failing if the cats aren't working duty anymore. They still "need" to be there.
AdderMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #29  
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK
 
mjr46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 30,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdderMk2 View Post
Legally your car DOES need them, as it was produced after 1974. The historic tag only gets you to bypass failing if the cats aren't working duty anymore. They still "need" to be there.
In MD cars with historic tags are not even inspected nor have an emissions test performed, I know what the federal law states but it doesn't stop people from removing them, I can't remember ever seeing anyone here including myself being pulled over and having a exhaust compliance inspection done on spot, I'll take my chances with them off , 15 years and counting
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #30  
89StangGTConvertible
2nd Gear Member
 
89StangGTConvertible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr46 View Post
In MD cars with historic tags are not even inspected nor have an emissions test performed, I know what the federal law states but it doesn't stop people from removing them, I can't remember ever seeing anyone here including myself being pulled over and having a exhaust compliance inspection done on spot, I'll take my chances with them off , 15 years and counting
Ya beat me to it Mike! Maryland is very relaxed with historically tagged vehicles. I am not complaining about it!
89StangGTConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chassis wiggle when off throttle? UrS4 S197 Handling Section 10 10-03-2015 06:23 AM
04 Mach 460 system, Installed Aftermarket HU, No Highs/Tweeters breaking Audio/Visual Electronics 5 10-02-2015 01:27 PM
I should've known better ChampInSD 5.0L GT S550 Tech 13 10-02-2015 04:55 AM
4r70w torque converter q's guitarman376 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 0 09-30-2015 05:54 PM
Please help! 10 Check engine codes mrtrodonet V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs 1 09-29-2015 11:13 AM


Tags
05, car, cat, comtroll, control, flooring, gt, hiw, how to go fast power, love, mac, mustang, shorty, thunder, v8

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.