5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

95 gt PROBLEM!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

Default 95 gt PROBLEM!!

I am currently trying to beat a problem a guy has with his gt it has been continuous for about a month!

He has been to a few different places and has lost hope and he knew me from around town besides the point

We pulled codes we had 1 egr and 4 o2 codes 2 were reocurring in koeo and koer 176.

he had already repalced dist(reman) iat ect MAF(new), since the codes we replaced both o2`s and the fuel pump and regulator reason being 30psi underload.

The still reoccuring problem is the car will crank and idle with a slight vibration to the engine as it is misfiring spuratically will run and warm up to run temp and set your clock 5-7 mins later it just dies unless you are driving the car but soon as you hit the clutch its gone!

We have put new plugs and wires on the car also since this bug has presented itself!

We cant retest for codes since the scanner will not connect and go into the correct retrieval mode nor will it do the run test function the scanner works on my car so that isnt it!

I have an extra ecm and multifunction relay both have been swapped and tried same result!

This guy is and older fellow and has all but given up on it ever being fixed i cant think of what it can be PIP???? i know some reman are junk!

He spent 800$ before i touched it replaceing random parts!

any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Restab the dizzy.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
mustangGT86_05
3rd Gear Member

For one, if you're pulling egr and o2 codes, why did you touch the dizzy? A stuck open egr will lead to misfiring, it is only meant to be used at cruising highway speeds to keep nox levels down. If you get a misfire, o2 sensors usually are triggered because of excessive oxygen since it is not being used. Try replacing the egr valve and see what happens then.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

dies? like it won't run again until it cools off?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

ok to say it again the dist was replaced before i ever touched the car i did shoot the car with my light it`s on 12* base!

EGR has been deleted!

Lastly the car dies and will immediatly start and then 5-7mins later dies repeats as long as you feel like doing it! that is the MAIN issue not any of the other things mentioned the main reason that other stuff got replaced is he hit up the parts house gurus and they made some money off him!

NEXT!!??
Old 02-08-2012, 09:04 PM
mustangGT86_05
3rd Gear Member

Details are crucial if you want internet help. Have you done a compression test yet?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Jayson95GT
1st Gear Member

I don't see anything about an ignition coil, have you checked/replaced that with a known good one?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:59 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

Originally Posted by Venomantidote95

Lastly the car dies and will immediatly start and then 5-7mins later dies repeats as long as you feel like doing it!

NEXT!!??
Personally, I have had this happen to my car twice. One time it was the alternator out of alignment and dragging on the motor causing a lope at times and dying. Other time it was the ac compressor.

Car would alot of times lope a second when I first cranked it, smooth out for a while and then gradually get worse until it died. Crank it, it would do it again for 10 minutes until it decided to die again.

Last time I had a problem with it, the car would run kinda weird through the rpm range. Like you would hit 4 grand and it would pull harder. Like a 20 hp shot of nos was on it.

I have seen a dizzy do this BUT, it would eventually leave you stranded for 10 or 20 minutes. (Then I saw a re-man go in and it do the same exact thing. After a computer and fuel pump relay, we took a 5 year dizzy off the shelf and it fixed it) Car seemed to run fine at times though.

The 02 codes suggest a vac leak of course.

Last edited by TrimDrip; 02-08-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

Yes the compession test was 125-135 on all 8. We havent replaced the new dist with another yet but i have my car down right now from a grenaded converter so i may grab mine and stick it in to see!

the coil is brand new msd coil he replaced it with the dist. He did say it gets slightly better with colder weather....?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

Ok the final update the entire problem was caused by a high tps voltage at idle.... 1.2v with new tps it was 1.2v so after modification and brought down to .998v the car runs great dosent surge doesnt die but it still dosent go into test mode to retrieve codes though!

Quick Reply: 95 gt PROBLEM!!