1990 - 1993 5.0 vs. 1994 - 1995 5.0 - MustangForums.com


5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #1  
vincesf
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
Default 1990 - 1993 5.0 vs. 1994 - 1995 5.0

I live in California and have a 1994 Miata. Years ago, a company called Monster Motorsports installed a new (in 1994) crate 5.0 HO engine into a Miata. The engine outwardly appears NOT to be a 1994/1995 5.0, but rather a 5.0 HO, associated with the Fox Body Style of Mustang (1990 - 1993). The car easily passes smog, BUT in California you must also pass a visual inspection, and one requirement on a car that has been engine converted is that the Engine must be the same year or later than the vehicle. My question is, was there any Ford (car not truck) in 1994 that carried over the 5.0 HO from the Fox body into a 1994 Ford?

Thanks,
vincesf
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #2  
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member
 
Venomantidote95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: alabama
Posts: 1,812
Default

The only differences mainly are the induction systems a few sensors relocated and the main harness pinning to the ecm the are still OBD1 systems!

Unless your inspector is a mustang lover he wont be able to visually tell the difference!
Venomantidote95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #3  
vincesf
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomantidote95 View Post
The only differences mainly are the induction systems a few sensors relocated and the main harness pinning to the ecm the are still OBD1 systems!

Unless your inspector is a mustang lover he wont be able to visually tell the difference!
Thank you for the post, it is appreciated. I was thinking of obtaining a 50 state approved Edelbrok Induction System instead of a stock 1994.

Thanks,
vincesf
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #4  
AdderMk2
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lil' Rhody
Posts: 22,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesf View Post
Thank you for the post, it is appreciated. I was thinking of obtaining a 50 state approved Edelbrok Induction System instead of a stock 1994.

Thanks,
vincesf
that would be an incredible waste of money...

the 94-95 mustang engine WAS a 5.0HO.

Are you planning on installing a 302? or do you already have it done.
AdderMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #5  
vincesf
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdderMk2 View Post
that would be an incredible waste of money...

the 94-95 mustang engine WAS a 5.0HO.

Are you planning on installing a 302? or do you already have it done.
It is already done. In fact it was done in 1994. The installer swears that the engine was available in 1994 for a short window.

Thanks,
vincesf
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #6  
AdderMk2
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lil' Rhody
Posts: 22,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesf View Post
It is already done. In fact it was done in 1994. The installer swears that the engine was available in 1994 for a short window.

Thanks,
vincesf
it really wasnt "a short window". The 302 continued being installed in ford vehicles until 2001. They were all still "HO".

Take a picture of your engine bay and post it here. We can identify the components you have.
AdderMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #7  
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member
 
Venomantidote95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: alabama
Posts: 1,812
Default

That would definatly take out all the guessing!
Venomantidote95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #8  
vincesf
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
Default

I am a new member to the forum today and apparently do not have the authorization to post pictures as of yet, as I don't see any area to do so below.
If anyone wants to email me, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
vincesf
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #9  
AdderMk2
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lil' Rhody
Posts: 22,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesf View Post
I am a new member to the forum today and apparently do not have the authorization to post pictures as of yet, as I don't see any area to do so below.
If anyone wants to email me, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
vincesf
no, you just dont know how to read stickies...

How To: Post pictures on Mustangforums.com
AdderMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #10  
vincesf
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 10
Default



Thanks for the help. Hope this works.

vincesf
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994-1995 ODBII Port Urambo Tauro 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang 6 10-05-2015 09:37 PM
Starting a new project....could use some input. Matt's 95 Stang 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang 2 10-05-2015 07:16 AM
New member 14gt_Track New Member Area 5 10-01-2015 02:47 PM
Hello, new user with an older Mustang and a question treesloth New Member Area 4 09-28-2015 07:03 AM


Tags
19901993, 1993, 1994, 1995, 2012, 50, 94, faster, gt, ho, make, miami, money, motor, mustang, sale, ustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.