5.0 HO/T5 swap into W123 Mercedes 240D - Page 4 - MustangForums.com

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #31  
MariosKITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmatt View Post
Thanks for the kind words Mario! Unfortunately, where I live in rural Wisconsin, the internet that is available is marginal, at best. Uploading even short videos would take hours. The up side is that I waste less time looking at stuff on the computer and more time in the shop! If I really need to look at stuff, I use my down time at work, where the internet service is better.

doc matt
Makes sense! I get nervous with stuff as simple as replacing the intake manifold or installing cold air intakes, can't imagine doing the fab work you've done here. Seems like a blast!

Were you able to concoct some form of power steering? I can't remember seeing a pump in any of the pics, but I was more focused on the look of that 5.0 under the 'bonnet' of a Mercedes
MariosKITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #32  
docmatt

[QUOTE=MariosKITT;8623712

Were you able to concoct some form of power steering? I can't remember seeing a pump in any of the pics, but I was more focused on the look of that 5.0 under the 'bonnet' of a Mercedes [/QUOTE]

I think I mentioned in an early post that I used the Mercedes steering box with the stock Ford pump. I had a custom hose made, but I suspect that some internet searching might turn up an adapter that would be more economical.

The fabrication was actually pretty straightforward. Just lots of careful fitting. I was surprised by how few problems I ran into. I actually had more trouble diagnosing and solving a couple oil leaks!

I did also change a couple things in the wiring. I'll try to update my wiring diagram soon.
docmatt is offline   Reply With Quote