5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
mustangGT86_05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Naw dude it's ricy looking when your start mismatching colors. Paint to match. Something worth doing is worth doing right.
Extremely disagree with you there, so a car must be entirely 1 color or its rice? Oh but what about my factory contrast of colors with red and black, and how many foxes of my front end came factory with a black stripe on the hood? That's rice apparently? All one color is bland, doesn't stand out, therefore no one really cares to even look.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 PM
majohns
2nd Gear Member

there are pros and cons to both. an all black car looks tight especially with chrome wheels an all white car no matter the wheels looks kinda boring. i thought about stripes but stripes are kinda old , plus my interior is black and saddle and i dont want black stripes and damn sure dont want brown stripes. so i am left with few options on color scheme.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 AM
lukehayter
1st Gear Member

It most certainly does not look "ricey." There are plenty of old muscle cars out there with black hoods. The 03-04 Mach 1 comes factory with a black spoiler and shaker. Don't listen to us, though. Do what YOU like. Our opinions are just here if you want them. Cars are just like your personality, everyone's can be different. However, I think your idea sounds pretty sweet. Shake up that boring white.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:08 PM
majohns
2nd Gear Member

Thanks i have so many different ideas going right now i dont have a clue what i want to do.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Nice buy for $100. Looks great, even with the hood being black. Well good luck with the modding ��
Old 05-14-2012, 12:56 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangGT86_05
Extremely disagree with you there, so a car must be entirely 1 color or its rice? Oh but what about my factory contrast of colors with red and black, and how many foxes of my front end came factory with a black stripe on the hood? That's rice apparently? All one color is bland, doesn't stand out, therefore no one really cares to even look.
Did the OPs cobra come in a million different colors from the factory???? When people stare at your car they are not thinking Wow thats a real beauty. Their thinking look at that broke *** douche and his junk yard miss matched parts.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:40 PM
mustangGT86_05
3rd Gear Member

Did the OPs cobra come in a million different colors from the factory???? When people stare at your car they are not thinking Wow thats a real beauty. Their thinking look at that broke *** douche and his junk yard miss matched parts.
Yeah with all my million...I mean 2 colors I have of contrast, and all the compliments about it, people really think my cars trash. He has a black hood on a white car, which looks good, and you're going to tell him he looks like a ricer because he hasn't painted it yet? Then you're calling me that too, and I'm sure we can find many, MANY more members on this site you are now calling rice. Now you are also calling our cars junkyard pos. I don't care what his cobra specifically came out with but go look at a shelby with stripes, go tell them they are ricey junkyard trash because they have stripes and they dare use more than one color

Last edited by mustangGT86_05; 05-14-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Read what he typed lol

Does look great, those hoods are probably the best style for an sn95, they follow the curves very well
Got it! Thxs!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:40 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Yeah with all my million...I mean 2 colors I have of contrast, and all the compliments about it, people really think my cars trash. He has a black hood on a white car, which looks good, and you're going to tell him he looks like a ricer because he hasn't painted it yet? Then you're calling me that too, and I'm sure we can find many, MANY more members on this site you are now calling rice. Now you are also calling our cars junkyard pos. I don't care what his cobra specifically came out with but go look at a shelby with stripes, go tell them they are ricey junkyard trash because they have stripes and they dare use more than one color
Dude are you really comparing your POS to a Shelby now????? Your not getting the point. Old ratty *** cars with mismatched parts are not cool. Shelbys are. It's not about colors it's about being getto. Different strokes. If you like your mismatched parts more power to ya.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 05-14-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:04 PM
mustangGT86_05
3rd Gear Member

Dude are you really comparing your POS to a Shelby now????? Your not getting the point. Old ratty *** cars with mismatched parts are not cool. Shelbys are. It's not about colors it's about being getto.
Yeah my pos and your junky sn95 that everyone and their grand ma has is so much better. I am going strictly off what you said, which was "its ricey when you start mixmatching colors" which numerous cars come from the factory with mixmatched colors, go tell the manufacturers they are producing rice. And comparing? Are you capable of reading proper English? Because no where in anything that I said even began to compare my car to a Shelby. You have now insulted me and the op so keep going with your ego trip about how you know how a car should be done up, when your car is hardly worth mentioning, because let's face it, who hasn't seen a black sn95 with cobra wheels 1000x's before? Have mercy on anyone who tries to be unique, holy one.

Quick Reply: hood