5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Doubting foxbodys/Impression that fox's are slow.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

Forgot to finish the first sentence saying that i just got fast internet and a laptop a little over a year ago i always watched youtube videos but now i actually had time to endlessly browse through car videos and partake in reading all these arguments and keyboard warriors on youtube lol
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

You need to remember that the FOX body cars were getting famous 25 years ago.
They were very quick back in their day, cars have changed just a little.
Who ever can compare an $80,000 (or more) BMW to an American car thats 25 years old is just jacking you off.........
Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

^ yes agreed couldn't say it any better !
Old 12-12-2012, 01:09 AM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

i have to say im jealous of that gorgeous foxbody you have there. Id really like to have an all stock original foxbody but i dont have money like that too maintain 2 of them yet. Its the black interior i love also is it me or are the all black interiors very rare. Mine is the basic black and tan trim i like it but the all black is just very appealing to me.Also how is yours on gas mine is just terrible but i have mods lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Foxbodys are slow.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

oh i didnt know
Old 12-13-2012, 02:32 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IvanFiveLiter
i have to say im jealous of that gorgeous foxbody you have there. Id really like to have an all stock original foxbody but i dont have money like that too maintain 2 of them yet. Its the black interior i love also is it me or are the all black interiors very rare. Mine is the basic black and tan trim i like it but the all black is just very appealing to me.Also how is yours on gas mine is just terrible but i have mods lol.
IF your talking about my car well thanks! I like my black interior seems very desirable. How rare is it people seem to find it and put it in there cars,Mine came factory in it.The car is good on gas I drive normal and put $20 bucks in it and drive around for 2 hours or so ....

Originally Posted by Hollister Hoodlum
Foxbodys are slow.
They're slow stock but you can make them fast with some money ! I choose not too like it the way it is ... 20-25 years ago they were the cats meow" You'll like this my brother just picked this up on monday here's some pics !

Really nice clean 2005 STI car ! My buddy that works at a subaru dealership did a car fax and said the car was clean and in no accidents the car has 79,000 miles on it .

Some light mods include.........
3" turbo back Cobb Exhaust
Cobb Intake
Cobb light weight crank pulley
Cobb Access port stage 2
Eibach Lowering Springs
Brakes updated/tires
Tinted windows and updated radio

He got a good deal on the car Paid 16,500 pretty tame street car !
KBB says $19,700 He loves it........

Last edited by 9redfox3; 12-13-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IvanFiveLiter
This may seem a like a pointless post but i was just B-S ing on youtube searching stuff up and some video with a stock 5.0 racing a slightly modded mazda speed 3. I found some of the arguments with people quite interesting and controversal. I saw this comment and i thought to myself some people dont know their stuff. Here it is---

Stop aruguing about foxbodys. Their is not alot they can beat stock or even with a mild H/C/I setup. Foxbodys look and sound great but have no power to back it up. The best thing you can do to a fox is look in the aftermarket for a longblock swap or if you want to keep it Ford a nice 351w should give it some bite. 220hp (or however much, still sucks) doesn't cut it.

I can name over 10 cars that a h/c/i and or full bolt on fox can beat whether the newer car be stock or modded. The new 2013 M3 runs a best of 12.4 in the 1/4 with the dct tranny and will ru nyou around 80 grand with all the options. i always think to myself its so much cheaper to build a fast older car than buy a newer one. Just wanna start some convo thread feel free to speak your mind and thoughts.
A stock 302 with h/c/i isnt matching most of the newer v6 models out now, plus there are more things to consider that power and age on a car!

car weight for one, same power the lighter car wins, technology is a big point also.

and as far as needing a longblock or 351 swap, thats for non-mechanically intelligent people who cant or dont do there own work.. (or just IGNORANT)

I have a fox in mind right now that will stand tall again most anything you can spit out motor to motor and its a 302 block.

That white sn in my avatar and sig motor to motor will do the job, it isnt what the car can do ITS WHAT YOU CAN DO and apparently you dont have what it takes to do it!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

I'll second those SVO Foxes. Those things can be stupid quick and still get 30 mpg. My buddy just picked one up
Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Foxbodies are slow. HCI foxbodies are slow. The damn cars are old who cares.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doubting foxbodys/Impression that fox's are slow.