MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion-87/)
-   -   need help with 5 speed transmision prob (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/690413-need-help-with-5-speed-transmision-prob.html)

Dustin Jackson 02-21-2013 02:31 PM

need help with 5 speed transmision prob

hi guys new to forum i have a 1995 mustang gt a couple days ago it started whining in the trans and today i was driving it and it all the sudden started rattling and i turned around to go home and before i got home it stopped moving and started staking when i gave it gas. it goes in gear fine it and everything still and shakes in all gears not just one. i think it might be the pilot bearing went out in it need some advice it also shuts off when i let out of the clutch likes its in a bind or something thanks.

mjr46 02-21-2013 03:45 PM

sounds like the trans may be locked up....check fluid level and condition of fluid/ drasin it and look for metal in it

Dustin Jackson 02-21-2013 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by mjr46 (Post 8158575)
sounds like the trans may be locked up....check fluid level and condition of fluid/ drasin it and look for metal in it

if the trans is stuck would i be able to put it in neutral and rev the car? and it goes into gears and stuff what happen is i was driving pulled off on to my road and it just started shaking why it was trying to pull than i came to a stop and the car wouldn't pull at all just shook you to death so i turned the car off and got a friend to pull the car the rest of the way home but the car goes in and out of gear just fine and it has transmission fluid in it i check it when the car started whining and don't seem to have any metal shaving i though maybe a throw out bearing or something like that. could a throw out bearing cause that if its not letting the cars clutch engage all the way.

mjr46 02-21-2013 05:17 PM

depends on what's siezed, you gotta undo the drive shaft and make sure nothing there is binding..ie u-joint and rear spins free, after that your gonna have to pull the tranny and inspect all clutch parts , if all looks good, then tranny inspection time

Dustin Jackson 02-21-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by mjr46 (Post 8158638)
depends on what's siezed, you gotta undo the drive shaft and make sure nothing there is binding..ie u-joint and rear spins free, after that your gonna have to pull the tranny and inspect all clutch parts , if all looks good, then tranny inspection time

im going to im going to drop the tranny this weekend and check everything i talked to some guys at a tranny shop they said it its prob ether the imput shaft bearing pilot bearing or throw out bearing since it was whining before so im hoping its one or all of them not a clutch or something or worse my tranny its self just spent almost 4000 dollars on the car and fixing and building things a new tranny is going to break the bank right now so crossing my figures.