5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS---

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS---

HELLO EVERYONE!

So after approximately 4 years.. Im back in the Family!!.. and couldn't be any happier..

heres the deal..............

So about 4 years ago, i went to Fire school to become a fireman.. during school, i sold my 07 GT.. still to this day, don't have a reason for it... and have regretted it since. Since then i have owned some cool trucks.. but never filled the void O_o

But today, i just bought a 88 5.0 Foxbody hatch. Has some motor work done, with a T5, wet nitrous system, and BUILT for the track.. got it for a steal.. and i mean a steal...

so heres some pics of where i started, all the way till now... enjoy! and looking forward to being back on MF! i know i learned LOADS of info back in the day.

(heres the details on the pics/stories)

- started with the 07 GT.. lotttt of time and money spent on that car.. loved it and miss it..

1) Dodge ram 1500.. Had dumped exhaust, edge programmer.. fast and fun and then the tranny took a dump (go figure) and dumped it on a toyota dealer when i found the tacoma...

2) Toyota Tacoma.. looked bad *** with the little lift and tires i put on.. HOWEVER.. it was a 4 cyl manual, and couldn't get out of its own way.. looked good tho.

3) F250 Super Duty 6.0.. LOVED this truck. 6" on 20" rockstars and 35's.. Looked bad ***.. sounded bad ***.. bit*hes loved it.... until the death wobble and motor problems started..... sold it to a buddy and he gave me cash and a GMC sonoma... about $7,000 in repairs later, he sold it bc it STILL wasn't running right....... in the F250 pic, you can see my 07 GSXR 600 i had for about a year.. that was a lot of fun, and wish i never sold that either.. but that pic was the day i took it to the guy that bought it.

4) the GMC sonoma....... 3 months after the trade, i seized the motor.. LOL.. so we both got stuck with motor problems....... go figure... so put a junk yard motor in it.. ran great.. good little truck.. then sold it for what I'm currently using as my daily driver..

5) VW GOLF.. it gets good MPG's and its reliable..... and thats where the excitement ends.. (Its to the left in the picture of the bed in a parking space... sorry, its all got.. and don't ask about the bed in the parking space...... ill just say, its mine, from when i was on duty... my bed was gone from the bunk room when we got back from a call, and thats where i found it)

THANKS GUYS!

-DAVE
Attached Thumbnails IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----stang-1.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----stang-2.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----ram-1500.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----taco.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----f250-and-bike.jpg  

IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----sonoma.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----rabbit.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----foxbody1.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----foxbody2.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----foxbody3.jpg  

IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----foxbody4.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----foxbody5.jpg   IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS----foxbody6.jpg  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Very nice looking Fox!! (It's like a shinier version of my car w/different wheels!)

I sorta know where you're coming from but my story isn't as exciting. Changed jobs a couple times and bought a house, so my car has been sitting for the past couple of years (never considered selling it though) while I did other things. I'm finally getting my ducks in a row so I think it's time to get back to it! The forum always motivated me in the past.

Time to update your sig pic and shop for a cooling fan!

Last edited by Maxwelhse; 04-10-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM
90nSSMD
1st Gear Member

That Fox looks great! Nice pick up. Curious though about the 'steal' price :P.. how much did you get it for?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

^^^what he said... In these parts, anything under $5k for that car, if it is as straight as it looks, would be a GREAT deal.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:15 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

haha thanks guys.. the steal was $1800. and i agree.. well worth it for the parts involved. however, its not as solid as i thought from the start.. with that being said, its nothing major, or anything that i cant handle..

so far, ive found that...
- front breaks are metal to metal.. 0_0
- bell housing cracked at starter mount.. so starter shifts when engaged and cant catch
the fly wheel..
- e-fan is a little 10" POS.. run the car for more than 15 mins and it hits 210-220..
- rear control arm bushings shot.. wheel hops like a MFer.. and i dont mean mustang
forums
- steering rack loose as all hell.. both tie rods shot.. and power steering pump has leak,
so its not working at all, has no fluid.. probably just guna replace with manny rack.
- aftermarket steering wheel was loose on the column.. fixed that.
- needs tires on all 4
- rear hatch has no latch
- belt tensioner is shot
- could use new battery
and much more..

but mainly, only needs the brakes, bellhousing, e-fan, tensioner, steering rack and its pretty much good to go.. so we're talkin like $500ish to get it rollin good.. then tires, and a few other things.

guy wanted 2500.. got him to 1800.. and right now, after registering it and tax/tag.. that was 400.. so im tapped for a week or two. =[

but it will be a fun project!.. plans are to PROBABLY fix, play with it.. and then flip it.. eventually work up to a new edge and build it to keep it!.. favorite body style.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:17 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

oh ya.. as far as motor/tranny.. solid.. runs great.. drives good.. t5 was rebuilt 100 miles ago per seller.. and is tight..

just bought a markIII fan, getting it wired in tomorrow/this weekend... buying SVE upper and lower CA's.. got a guy giving me a tensioner and 65mm TB both for free =D

main thing im on the hunt for is a bellhousing local..
Old 04-12-2013, 07:02 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Welcome Back....Dave
Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 AM
GTnotchback
2nd Gear Member

what is an edge?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTnotchback
what is an edge?
New edge, that's the nickname for the 99-04 mustangs, like Fox for 79-93
Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM
90nSSMD
1st Gear Member

$1800? Jeez.. if you decide the car isn't worth the effort, you could part it out and make all your money back and then some with ease.

Nice pick-up! As always though, buying used foxes can either be great, or bad (all depending on what the person leaves out during the sales pitch). Sorry to hear about the problems with the fox, hope everything works out for ya!

Quick Reply: IM BACK!!.. 4 years and 6 vehicles later! ---PICS---