5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Return to the track after 2 years

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by wydopnthrtl
MJR46, what tranny are you using is the 85?
tremec 3550, but it did run a t-5 for the longest time and held to 10.7 nitrous passes, street race killed it, I wound 2nd up to far and boom!!!. rpm and heavy load killed the t-5..lol
Old 05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wydopnthrtl
Timing for nitrous: -1deg for every 33.3hp worth of NO2

Fuel: Like mjr46 I run a blend of 93 & race fuel. On a 100shot I like to run a 50/50 mixture of 93 & 100unleaded.

I've made hundreds of passes using the above "rules of thumb" w/o any signs of spalling, audible knock, or data logged knock sensor activity. (OBD2 fords)
I show up to the track on Empty and put 2 gallons of 116 in. I like the extra piece of mind.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:02 PM
89StangGTConvertible
2nd Gear Member

Awesome, Mike! The announcer made a comment about your U R Toast tag! I laughed out loud! Get that 4.10 gear in asap!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 89StangGTConvertible
Awesome, Mike! The announcer made a comment about your U R Toast tag! I laughed out loud! Get that 4.10 gear in asap!!!
No hurry on my part, my car is the last to get stuff done to it...no motivation on my own stuff, I won't run it again until maybe the fall, may not run it then either, I may run the vert in the fall.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:30 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
Do they run year around there?? Cause when I visited AZ a few years back I remember going to watch some drag racing at a track near Tuscon in DEC. Around here, racing is shut down from late Nov. to March.
That track near Tucson would be S.I.R., thats near my home and my home track.
Last couple years we've been having a 'Santa's race' in December and always at least one 'test and tune' during January. Our real season starts in Febuary and runs thru September.
PM me next time your out this way, just don't do it in the summer as I'm not here, I leave for Michigan all summer.
Too damn hot here..........
Old 05-03-2013, 08:10 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by tinman
That track near Tucson would be S.I.R., thats near my home and my home track.
Last couple years we've been having a 'Santa's race' in December and always at least one 'test and tune' during January. Our real season starts in Febuary and runs thru September.
PM me next time your out this way, just don't do it in the summer as I'm not here, I leave for Michigan all summer.
Too damn hot here..........
My wife's sister lives in Tuscon and we went to a track up near Phoenix, IIRC it was Firebird and I see they are done after this year
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Nice N/A passes. M/T ET Streets (bias ply) or Hoosier QTPs will help a lot.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:32 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Nice N/A passes. M/T ET Streets (bias ply) or Hoosier QTPs will help a lot.
I have a set of mt bias ply, forgot my open ended lug nuts so I had to leave them at home and use the et streets
Old 05-07-2013, 04:25 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Mike hook up that juice I am coming for you LOL. Engine is done trans is done new verter is here hope to button up a few things on the rest and car should be running by the end of the month. Seen you at the show last Fri. you was talking to your friend with the vette and that chick with that LS that so they says makes crazy HP pulled right up beside you I was in the red Cobra. But you left I was looking to see if you was coming over to the cars next thing I see you driving out. maybe next time.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:22 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
Mike hook up that juice I am coming for you LOL. Engine is done trans is done new verter is here hope to button up a few things on the rest and car should be running by the end of the month. Seen you at the show last Fri. you was talking to your friend with the vette and that chick with that LS that so they says makes crazy HP pulled right up beside you I was in the red Cobra. But you left I was looking to see if you was coming over to the cars next thing I see you driving out. maybe next time.
Bummer!!! I didn't see you.....I had my kids and my brother in law was with me and they were complaining it was cold so I cut my time there way short..........they said the the LS had a 408 storker, she popped the hood and it had afr's and a stock ls intake, I don't know on the claims if they are true.....only one way to find out...lol, no worry, you'll take me anyday with that turbo machine of yours!!! lol

Quick Reply: Return to the track after 2 years