5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

1st impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Default 1st impressions

Well the car is back together and I like it so far just like 12 miles on it but sure feels like a different car with the light driving I did. I put a new converter in and made a bigger down pipe and swapped out intakes. the converter by far the thing that is making it feel like it just picked up 100 cid and the way it makes the engine come on boost is had to explain but this thing is a whole new animal with how it feels down low something it always need help with boost seems SO much faster but it would just kill the tires so I would lift. 275/60 street tires got to put the D/R back on but before it would never kill the tires it would roast the street tires yes and do it well but at the same time the car would move along. Now I swear it goes from light foot break to on the REV limiter popping and cracking. Just Sick. but then again it has been almost 4 years since I have had the thing running so It is like starting all over again. Times to come. But I think my quest for the 9s will be a easy thing to get this time.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:47 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

pics and vids ftw!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:55 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Sounds like a winner. Good luck hitting 9s.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:33 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Will get some others up late I ordered the exhaust pipe last night looks like it will be either 3.5 duals or one 3.5 hanging up that small 3in stuff LOL LOL. No really I made the 3.5 down pipe so why close it back up gone into 3in x pipe. I know it wont sound near as good but o-well. Looks like all the work I did leaning the intercooler forward and getting the trans cooler off the rad. to help with the high speed cooling did not work so well engine had to have the fan running the other night when driving around and it was cool out. But this time it could be in the tune some also.
Attached Thumbnails 1st impressions-turbo-car-pics.-004.jpg  

Last edited by uedlose; 05-20-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Congrats, 4 yrs is a long wait. You gotta be happy. Hope to see more pics soon.

Last edited by 88 orangepeel notch; 05-20-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:10 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Congrats, 4 yrs is a long wait. You gotta be happy. Hope to see more pics soon.
Yes 4 years has been a long time and I want to rap this thing so bad it is killing me but I need to be patient with it this time and I have been it has been one thing after another with it and I expect more. if it would just stay out of my damn pocket LOL. that is one of the reasons I am being patient with it. Oh but it is coming. need to look at the wastegate it has a 15# spring in it and was seeing 20+ that is where the gauge stops last time out so that is something I need to look at and the blow off didn't seem to be work the other night. All small stuff but either can kill the engine. The 3.5 down pipe really seems to have helped also you can really here the turbo so much more now and it seems to pick up much sooner also. Then of course the tune is gone to be off now so I will need to work on that more also. But if I am gone down the strip in a month that will be fine. I want to pull some of the boost out of it and run just as fast or better yet faster then before. It went 10.30s before and has been over 135MPH with only 1.69 60fts. I think the converter is gone to fix that so only time will tell. updates and pics. will follow and more then likely a bigger fuel pump also. there we go with it getting in my pocket again.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

That thing looks like a monster
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Eh, it's only money……lol. I can't imagine running those times but it's gotta be an awsome feeling. I saw what could pass as a daily driver street car ( mid 80's Capri ) run in the high 9's and still can't get over how fast that is. Very impressive and probably very expensive.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Eh, it's only money……lol. I can't imagine running those times but it's gotta be an awsome feeling. I saw what could pass as a daily driver street car ( mid 80's Capri ) run in the high 9's and still can't get over how fast that is. Very impressive and probably very expensive.

Only money LOL. Our car is a street car also some nights putting well over 150 miles on it. D/D NO.. could it be well I would not want to drive it to and from work everyday roll bar has the seat back straight up and the seating is a bit cramped also due to the bar. I am 6ft tall so it would get cramped after while. Like I said above I am hoping for the 9s this year and think it will do it. I think it could have done it before but I lost head gaskets again.
Hoping that is cured for a while with the bigger down pipe. and less timing.
Other then the roll bar and the large exhaust it pretty much is just another Fox body looks wise. the idle is high so you cant hear the lump in the cam cant see the big pump so it has its sleeper thing gone on. But a sharp eye will see the intercooler.
But as I was told the other day my car runs on hopes dreams and unicorn **** and I have a full tank of unicorn ****. LOL
Plus side I dove the car again last night and the trans shifts so nice one of my better ones it feels like LOL, hope it last this was the first one I did that was a rollerized C4. sill have not smacked it to hard yet.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Well good luck finishing up the little things yet, sounds like an well built car.

9.85 @ 142, 1.58 60's

Keep us informed.

Quick Reply: 1st impressions