5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Brand new car

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:49 PM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

Default Brand new car

So my 94 turned in to a money pit kinda. good thing it is a 5.0 car so everything is much cheaper . So I bought it with no trans so I had the trans rebuilt by family so it only cost 400 for the parts. After they threw the trans in we found that the rear end makes noise and if you turn it by hand it locks up at certain points (chipped teeth or bad alignment) so I got a rebuild kit with 3.73s. The motor is being choked to death by the gt40 intake and stock headers so I order some pacesetter long tubes with catless X. has cai and stock maf with a crane cam (small). Has windsor jr heads so we are good there. Anyways I bought the car for 1900 so all this stuff is kinda expected.

So the other issues i had no idea that there would be an issue with is, it has a mach 460 stereo system so the idiot who owned it before me put in an aftermarket head unit and wired the amp straight to the battery with the remote wire.... constant draw but easy fix. NONE of the lights work so have to rewire it all. A/C dont work cause they pulled the hoses out. steering sector leaks but an easy rebuild and cheap. driver window dont work... motor. My rims I put on it were different offset that they didnt realize till it was driven a few. so part of the rubber was a little scorched. (before you say that was retarded it didnt rub or get near anything till it was lowered onto the tires but i have spacers now).

So anyways the car will be pretty much brand new when all this is finished and gets to me in italy. I will be dropping in either a crower cam part #15512 or lunati voodoo cam. It is running LT's - X - M80's. Anyways I am pretty excited that it is pretty much all ready to be shipped and cant wait to rock it in italy.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

My Mach 460 is a pain in the *** to work with. I upgraded my head unit and get constant ignition feedback through the speakers. As for the window, have fun trying to reach the rivets. They are retarded to get to. DON'T break any of the clips for the door panels, those things aren't cheap
Old 06-09-2013, 11:48 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Should be a stand out car in italy
Old 06-09-2013, 09:43 PM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Should be a stand out car in italy
Lol yes it should. Slapping a bigger N51 in it too. All the other motors are tiny. 4.8 v10 n stuff