5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What is my car worth/good price to let it go for?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

Default What is my car worth/good price to let it go for?

I put my car on craigslist to see what kind of offers people will throw at me or trades. http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/3968153526.html

So far i have people that dont even ask questions about motor work or anything about the car. Had some try and throw me 2500. Mods are as follows- Trickflow twisted wedge heads, trickflow upper lower street intake, 24# injectors, tremec 3550 tranny, trickflow stage 1 cam installed april 2013 and dyno tuned, bran new water pump, oil change and ill be lucky if i even put 400 miles on the car since it was tuned and cammed, slotted front rotors, 4 10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, ac delete, phantom gauges, oil, vaccum, water,nitrous, big tach with shift light, 7qrt oil pan also bran new pan gasket, mac mufflers, bbk offroad h pipe, hooker long tube headers, unknown cold air intake, roh rims, dynoed at 296/285 on a 90 degree day. has 114k miles, eibach drag springs with lakewood 50 50 shocks. I also had a bunch of maintainence work done i need to look at reciepts. Give me some ideas of what a good price would be to sell it if someone offered me.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:59 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Nice looking car, and nice mods. But honestly don't expect to get what you think its worth. Around me, cars with similar mods and a clean body start out in Craigslist around 6 to 7k. But they're usually on there for awhile till the price drops to 4 or 5k then disappear. You've got alot more into that car I know, but that's the sucky part of modding a car. You never get back what you've stuck into it. Good luck.

Have you been getting alot of scam replys? I'm selling one of my bikes on Craigslist now and it's nothing but scams. Really getting sick of Craiglist.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:14 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

yea i know you never get back what you put in. suprisingly no scams. i put my fathers 03 impala up for sale early this year and got almost nothing but scam texts and calls until a guy from my fathers job bought it from him. I have gotten a lot of people that probably have no knowledge on the car and low ballers. A guy was offering to come 5k cash in hand but didnt ask me a single thing about the car and i had some guy try to trade me a 1992 bmw 325 covertible hahahahha yea right. I would like to get a little over 5k if i can im looking to get something bigger potentially a stroker. What do you mean disappear? meanign that they probably sell for that price range?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:59 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

I would have taken the 5g. Your gonna be hard pressed to find someone willing to fork out that much so freely, not that it doesn't seem to be worth it or anything, the lack of AC is gonna scare less car savvy people away.

What are good condition unmodified cars selling for up there?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:09 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

please do not post this type of ad in tech...next time I'll delete non tech threads placed in tech
Old 07-31-2013, 07:16 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

sorry where can i post something like this?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

hmm it really depends. Ive seen many unmolested original fox's with low miles around 40k going for anywhere from 8-12k and notchbacks of the same condition stretching up to 14k. Typically for foxbodys mildy modified like bolt ons go from 2500-4000. im not in a huge rush to sell my car but im trying to buy a 331 stroker 1992 fox for 6k if i sell my car but 6k for the stroker seems a bit low. Its from New jersey and all over youtube car went 11.30's but the original builder sold the car to a new guy about a year ago according to the current owner. Car seems very solid but something is fishy to me. Saw the add back i napril of the same car for 7500 dropped to 6k
Old 07-31-2013, 07:24 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

ill show the links to the original builders videos on youtube but im not sure if im aloud to now hahah
Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 PM
Another66A-Code

Like buying a new car, modding 1 up will NEVER return your money. Im personally leary of hopped up cars because I figure they are ran hard, usually on the ragged edge. Someone that wants those types of add-ons would rather buy a 2-3k car and then do it themselves, Thats the joy. That clock size tach screams boy racer. Plus i always wonder why someone would sell after so much put into it.
All that said its still a popular car with a scene of racers. Id say 4-5.5k maybe a lil more is reasonable to expect unless the rear tires are bald. Thats still a chunk and youre not financing I bet.
As far as CL ads go i never put my number in the AD and say stoooopid questions and offers will get a similar reply
Old 07-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Why are you wanting to sell?

Quick Reply: What is my car worth/good price to let it go for?