5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Car's dead

Old 12-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default Car's dead

Welp, after years of what seems neglect my car has rotted beyond repair. It's a friggin shame because I loved this thing. But things happen, family happens and financial issues and now im where im at. But now im sitting at a turning point and i'm getting another mustang. The question is, should I stay with my old setup, refresh everything and re-enjoy what I once did in another chassis. Or should I sell everything off and start over. I could make a decent amount off the lengthy parts list I have over time and attempt to buy something newer or different. I'm just torn... I used to be a moderator in this forum and I was very active in street night racing and just general installation of parts. I loved it. I need to get back into my old passion/hobby and hopefully it starts this tax season. Any advice would be great, as I have a few more months to actually decide on things...

My old mod list and pics should still be a clickable link on my signature if any are interested. Bah...
Old 12-06-2013, 07:11 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

I checked out your engine spec sheet. Are you still rockin the same 331? If so does it still have life left in it. Id yank that puppy out and drop it in a new frame if that's what is wrong with yours now.

Or Id give it to the first person to reply to this thread jk or am I
Old 12-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

If you've been out of the scene long enough, and are wanting to get back into it, my decision would be to start from scratch. If its truely a passion, then you will find to love it more when starting from the bottom and working your way back up. Just my $.02. Plus you're starting with a new foundation, try some new things this time around
Old 12-06-2013, 10:03 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

So what exactly is wrong with the car?
Old 12-08-2013, 06:48 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

If the car is that bad with rot and what not sell the parts off it and start over ?
Old 12-08-2013, 08:23 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I would just swap everything over to a new shell and update anything needed along the way.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

If it's just a bad body I'd keep all the bolt ons and the motor and go from there. I know I have brand and style preferences and would end up buying close to the same parts again anyways. You could start from scratch with the exhaust and suspension setup, not to mention the interior.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

This is an interesting thread as I'm in the same boat with my notch. I'm surprised it's still roadworthy as I bought it for the fresh drivetrain 6 yrs ago, but I can't hold off the inevitable much longer.

Op, I feel your pain, or delema. I've gone over what I'm going to do when my car finally rots away and drops the front end from rusted frame rails. Parting the car out and starting new with a car that's already done is appealing, but more expensive as you'll never get what your parts are worth, and hope your not buying someone elses headache. Swapping parts to a clean roller would be cheaper but time consuming.

I'm sure you know all this already, I'm just trying to clear up my thoughts and its not working. Think I'll just sell it all and go to Vegas.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Think I'll just sell it all and go to Vegas.
Lmao , we all know that aint gonna happen.

Ive owned 4 mustangs , cant ever give em up. I can sell em for a profit , but I always end up buying another.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:33 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dawson1112
Lmao , we all know that aint gonna happen.

Ive owned 4 mustangs , cant ever give em up. I can sell em for a profit , but I always end up buying another.
Pffffff I've got 7 Rx-7's and can't bring myself to let go of any of them :-/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car's dead