5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

95svt cobra wtf please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 01:28 PM
sig9mm

Angry 95svt cobra wtf please help

Ok so im hoping this is the rite spot to post this time im not a iphone man so my phone shows sites diff and no spell check so this winter my batt guage would tweek a bit when turning on my lights or high speed heater never did this ever before so i replaced the batt still did it so replaced alt twice in last 3mo also if i drive the car more then 30min the batt guage will go on the lower side of the m on normal when this happens my temp guage absolutly tweeks out big time as well as oil guage almost shows needle close to peaked out i have no sterieo and past 3mo ive replace also water pump tstat radiator and hoses egr valve bat terminals alt pig tail temp sencer for fan as well as the box for the electric fan speeds added grounds as well as checked all stock ones to when driving to car stayed on the n on temp guage whitch seemes cold to me only moves all over at a stop or traffic after 30 min of driving also just failed emmisions at idle no check engine lite on it does work when i let it just sit and idle when it finually gets to what should be normal operating temp the idle will raise just a hair and sounds like it should if anyone has had close to the same prob please give advice thanks to all these cars are great but what was ford smoken ud think it was a mercedes with all these sencers my god lol
Old 04-08-2015, 02:44 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Welcome to electronic fuel injection, its not just ford.

And Im not to concerned with things being spelled correctly, but for the love of humanity use some punctuation and paragraph. That wall gave these old eyes a workout.

I had a bad ect once that shorted out and caused weird things on my dash gauges, most notably was my gauges would jump way up when ever I would turn the lights on or the heater fan and even when the electric radiator fan kicked on. My oil temp and voltage gauge would jump way up. So you could have sensor that is shorting out to ground.

FYI just because the check engine light does not come on doesn't mean the computer has not recorded a code. I would pull the codes any ways I promise there is one in there lol.