5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Shotgun Customs?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 01:55 PM
lx1990

I finally got a chance to pull the starter and get the numbers off the block.
34 E7TE CA. 8D23. E7TE shows 87 truck engine. Any idea what everything else means?
Old 06-08-2015, 07:48 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

e7te is all you really need to know, the e7te blocks were factory used in mustangs up until the next line of castings came out = F1'S
Old 06-08-2015, 07:49 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Sorry if I sound like a dick but who cares what it all means??? It's a dime a dozen fox body. Make it exactly the way you want it and quit driving yourself crazy over the stamped numbers.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:00 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
that just doesn't look right......^^^^^^^^^^^^a coupe with ground effects...ewwwwwww
I agree !
Old 09-25-2019, 11:23 PM
Paul Harlan

Default Kenny Brown Shotgun Customs.

Kenny brown Shotgun Customs. Kinda a rare car, it’s all pretty much an appearance package except there was a GT convertible that had a paxton on it. Joel Greathouse had one (his white car the first in 10’s)
Old 09-26-2019, 09:20 AM
Paul Harlan

sorry I got my numbers wrong He broke in the 8's. He set some records with that car many years ago. Also Allen Jackson did own one of the ShotGun Customs cars. Thats about all the info i have on it.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:07 PM
wbrockstar
3rd Gear Member

I agree that,at a minimum,the block is definitely the same block that came in most of the Foxbodys.That doesn't mean something hasnt been done internally to the block (stroker kit,etc),but seeing how it also appears to be wearing E7TE heads and bolt down pedestal rockers,I seriously doubt anything's been done internally?? Otherwise you'd likely see some aluminum heads,etc on it.The only add-on I see is Equal Length headers,which btw are a pain to install because of the header tubes to header bolt contact that usually occurs.Spark plug changes as youve already witnessed first hand,are also a pain.Thats probably why you had to buy the same plugs you pulled out because of how the headers are designed.They increased torque slightly more than unequal and longtube headers,but not enough to deal with the pita spark plug changes and any other work that would require loosening or removing the headers. They wouldn't be much of an improvement over stock E7TE heads,but you could check the front of the heads,where the accessories are mounted,to see if 3 or 4 bars are present.3 bars= gt40 heads...4 bars= gt40p heads.They look to be E7TE though.Regardless of what has/has not been done to the car though,youve still got the best body style you can get when it comes to a Foxbody.Nothing better than a LX Notch/Coupe.Its a tad bit lighter than other models too.The following link shows weights for all year models/bodystyles.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resource...g-curb-weights
Old 10-10-2019, 10:21 PM
btriola

Default More info on Shotgun customs

Originally Posted by Paul Harlan
sorry I got my numbers wrong He broke in the 8's. He set some records with that car many years ago. Also Allen Jackson did own one of the ShotGun Customs cars. Thats about all the info i have on it.
Anyone have a contact or more info I have a 1990 shotgun and would like to find out more on the car
Old 10-12-2019, 08:58 PM
90ssp

Originally Posted by btriola
Anyone have a contact or more info I have a 1990 shotgun and would like to find out more on the car

Greathouse car transitions to drag car

original Shotgun customs package

Shotgun rear

Shotgun front
Old 10-12-2019, 09:02 PM
90ssp

Default More Shotgun custom pics

here’s the pictures of the Alan Jackson car spoken up earlier, I’m pretty sure this car was used as a promotional giveaway for mourning his earliest albums

Quick Reply: Shotgun Customs?????