5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Kenne Bell for drag racing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 10:55 AM
whitet711

Question Kenne Bell for drag racing?

I have a mustang with a blowzilla kenne bell supercharger that I'm going to be building to be a drag car and was wondering what your thoughts are on keeping the kenne bell as my power adder or using something else. My goal is to run under a 5.5 in the 1/8th. Thanks
Old 08-22-2017, 09:56 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

with the old 2.1 set-up kenny bell sold for pushrod engines, I don't think you would ever even come close to that time.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:02 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by whitet711
I have a mustang with a blowzilla kenne bell supercharger that I'm going to be building to be a drag car and was wondering what your thoughts are on keeping the kenne bell as my power adder or using something else. My goal is to run under a 5.5 in the 1/8th. Thanks
if it's the kb that was for the foxbodies, you'll not see that time, they are limited,.......if it's the newer style for the 03 and up cobras, you'll need to do a lot of fabbing to make it work and in the end there are far more economical routes to achieve your goal
Old 09-03-2017, 05:26 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

WHITET 711. What the others have said is true. 5.5 in the eighth are some serious numbers. I don't know what your engine configuration is, but it better have a bullet-proof lower end. I have been playing with NITROUS since 1984 and that is my preferred choice of destruction. If you want mid fives in the eighth, build a strong engine with low compression and hit it with 200-400 hp of juice. Stand back and be sure to wear a helmet.