Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

New GT's, your likes and dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 01:12 PM
sdicomp

Moved from 14 GT to 16 GT on 1/18. No complaints yet!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:06 AM
chain

Still planning to get one. Building a house and until it is close to being done and we can close on a mortgage, I'm not buying anything right now. Sucks because I really want my new Mustang. In the meantime one can dream. =)
Old 02-09-2016, 04:10 PM
2013gt305

dislike what be in my 2015 mustang gt perf pack is no spare tire
Old 03-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Yours Truly

Originally Posted by Mr. D
At first I didn't like the changes in 2014! One of you said that you have to see the car in the flesh to appreciate it! I though, that's just an excuse! Apologies, I was wrong! The more I see it in person the more I like it! The handling & stability are much better.... & if Ford was smart enough to put 255/"50R"/19 tires on the car the ride would be much, much better for cruisers! 40R tires have too little sidewall & ride suffers for performance! Save the 40R tires for those who track the car or want them as an option! Compare the ride of the 18" wheels on the base Mustang to the 19" wheels on the GT Premium. The 50 radius takes bumps much better & few drive the car around corners fast enough to need the 40R tires!
Totally agree on the rims/tires. I got the premium GT with the blackout package, which, if I had my druthers, I wished I could have avoided. It looks pretty kewl, BUT: The black spoiler on the race red? Meh. Not so much. The 19's? Again, not so much. I traded in a 2011 V6 Premium, and almost wish I could swap the tires and rims. When I wear out the tires (with the OEM's, should not be too long - I don't care for those Pirellies), I may be looking for a change to 18's.

EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE CAR: Awesome so far!
Old 03-26-2016, 11:15 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

I wish Ford gave buyers an option on wheel types when ordering specific package upgrades. I ordered the PP, and the wheels are a pain to clean. I like the rims that were offered on the California Special better! Also wish the Recaros were powered. My friend got the Recaro upgrade on his 2016 Cadillac ATS-V and they are powered, though the extra price of $2,200 is a good more than mine were on my Mustang.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:56 AM
Yours Truly

Would be nice to have an OH**** handle on the passenger side.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:52 PM
Ken_in_d

Default 2015 GT Premium

Best bang for the buck anywhere. I ordered a GT Premium with 3.55 rear end, ruby red metallic, spare tire and spoiler delete. Sticker price $38,110. There's nothing about it I don't like. The drive modes are terrific. Sport+ adds a lot on the street. I heard one with a Borla/Ford Racing cat back exhaust the other day and I think it's something worth getting.
Attached Thumbnails New GT's, your likes and dislikes-019.jpg  
Old 04-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Nice looking car Ken. I think that's exactly the options I want, but can't seem to find one exactly like it for the price I want. I'm guessing you had to pay sticker since you ordered it? My budget is around 33k and the only ones around here for that price are base autos. There is a place near the coast that have some close to what I want (minus the 3.55), but hate to drive all the way there if it ends up not being a good deal or my trade not bringing what its worth, ect.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Ken_in_d

Default Ordering GT

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Nice looking car Ken. I think that's exactly the options I want, but can't seem to find one exactly like it for the price I want. I'm guessing you had to pay sticker since you ordered it? My budget is around 33k and the only ones around here for that price are base autos. There is a place near the coast that have some close to what I want (minus the 3.55), but hate to drive all the way there if it ends up not being a good deal or my trade not bringing what its worth, ect.
Ordering from the dealer should get you their best price. Mine was only at the dealer for less than 24 hours. I'm sure they would like to sell one off the lot but ordering is very easy. I used Consumer Reports car pricing program and Truecar to arrive what seemed like a reasonable price. Consumer Reports listed the Mustang holdback at $1,119. With a sticker at $38,110, the dealer offered it at $35,900 +TTL. Truecar considered that to be a "great" price so I took it.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Good info Ken. But the place near the coast has their "wow" prices advertised an average of around 6k off sticker. Problem is I can't seem to find one exactly like I want there (premium auto, 3.55, Ruby Red, Gray or Guard). They do have a black and red prem. man. with a couple options for a little over 33k though. It looks like it might be wishful thinking to find a prem. auto for around 33k at the moment. Maybe discounts will continue to go up as it gets closer to the 17's coming out, but there will also be less selection. I also found a place down in Florida that has a couple almost exactly like I want (minus the 3.55 again) for the right price, but then again it is way too far to go to see if they will give me what the quote estimate said on my trade in.

Quick Reply: New GT's, your likes and dislikes