Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

New GT's, your likes and dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 11:01 PM
chain

Default New GT's, your likes and dislikes

Looking to possibly purchase a new GT premium. Just curious to hear from those that have a new GT. What do you like and dislike about your car? Thanks
Old 08-17-2015, 04:48 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

I came from a 2002 gt, so the 2015 is an upgrade in almost every way except for the size. I don't like that it came with all season tires and no spare tire, but that's not a big deal.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Evilwilly
1st Gear Member

I'm Loving my gt premium. About the only thing I can say bad about it is finding aftermarket body parts are very few at the moment. But it hasn't been out long so time will tell. One thing I really love about it is you feel like just sat into a pilot seat of a jet everytime you sit in it. And even with the standard seat you don't move much when going through a curve at a fun speed =).
Old 08-21-2015, 05:11 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

At first I didn't like the changes in 2014! One of you said that you have to see the car in the flesh to appreciate it! I though, that's just an excuse! Apologies, I was wrong! The more I see it in person the more I like it! The handling & stability are much better.... & if Ford was smart enough to put 255/"50R"/19 tires on the car the ride would be much, much better for cruisers! 40R tires have too little sidewall & ride suffers for performance! Save the 40R tires for those who track the car or want them as an option! Compare the ride of the 18" wheels on the base Mustang to the 19" wheels on the GT Premium. The 50 radius takes bumps much better & few drive the car around corners fast enough to need the 40R tires!
Old 08-21-2015, 04:53 PM
chain

Most everything I've been seeing is good. As for aftermarket they will come, it's a Mustang. Just takes time to get the stuff out there. As for the tires I am good with that. I am the guy that pushes the car and when I get the Mustang she will be pushed. My Solstice has been drag raced, gone to autocross school, and driven road courses. She's been put through her paces. =)
Old 08-21-2015, 04:55 PM
chain

The road course by far was the hardest on the car. Not sure how much of that I'd want to do again until I get a car paid off. Fun but if things go wrong, could be bad. With autocross, you push the car but with less speed and nothing really to hit aside from some cones.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default 2016 Spoilers????

Am I alone in thinking the 2016 Spoilers look like a joke? I've never needed a spoiler, but the one on my 2008 looked pretty cool! I wondered why they have a "Spoiler Delete" option... but now I think I know!
Old 09-12-2015, 08:34 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D

Old 01-16-2016, 07:33 PM
mustangdaddy

no digital speedometer
Old 01-22-2016, 09:02 AM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

I'm on my third so from a 94 GT, 07 GT, which I loved and did the most mods ever to a car, but the 16GT is really a nice solid car. Suspension from stock is terrific I agree the stock height finally is where it needs to be. Overall I love the car. My only personal crazy things about how it is how you find out more and more certain engineering was done for overseas sales. So it kinds pisses me off how to get sales overseas our our we're more designed for other countries than ourselves. But that's my opinion. But it's worth owning that's for sure!

Quick Reply: New GT's, your likes and dislikes