Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Speed automatic road course worthy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 01:08 PM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Default Speed automatic road course worthy?

Now I have to go with a six speed automatic GT due to sciatica issues in my legs, bad neck and back. I am interested in doing a little bit of hpde. Actually my dream car was / is a C7 Corvette but am thinking of a Mustang for practicality. Got two daughter's and a wife. Interested in the 50 th edition GT. I actually also considered the upcoming Camaro due to it going to have eight speed automatic, magnetic shocks, etc. Just wondering how "good" the six speed automatic is? Ger.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:41 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mungodrums
Now I have to go with a six speed automatic GT due to sciatica issues in my legs, bad neck and back. I am interested in doing a little bit of hpde. Actually my dream car was / is a C7 Corvette but am thinking of a Mustang for practicality. Got two daughter's and a wife. Interested in the 50 th edition GT. I actually also considered the upcoming Camaro due to it going to have eight speed automatic, magnetic shocks, etc. Just wondering how "good" the six speed automatic is? Ger.
After a while you will prefer it! It's the best of both worlds! I'm going that way too, because I intend to drive it far more as a regular car!
Old 09-22-2015, 06:07 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

An automatic is fine for road courses especially when you have the paddle shifters so you can select the gear needed.
The main reason I prefer a manual is for the engagement required to drive. I'd probably be a second or so quicker using an automatic.