Speed automatic road course worthy? - MustangForums.com

5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 08-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Default Speed automatic road course worthy?

Now I have to go with a six speed automatic GT due to sciatica issues in my legs, bad neck and back. I am interested in doing a little bit of hpde. Actually my dream car was / is a C7 Corvette but am thinking of a Mustang for practicality. Got two daughter's and a wife. Interested in the 50 th edition GT. I actually also considered the upcoming Camaro due to it going to have eight speed automatic, magnetic shocks, etc. Just wondering how "good" the six speed automatic is? Ger.
mungodrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:41 AM   #2
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mungodrums View Post
Now I have to go with a six speed automatic GT due to sciatica issues in my legs, bad neck and back. I am interested in doing a little bit of hpde. Actually my dream car was / is a C7 Corvette but am thinking of a Mustang for practicality. Got two daughter's and a wife. Interested in the 50 th edition GT. I actually also considered the upcoming Camaro due to it going to have eight speed automatic, magnetic shocks, etc. Just wondering how "good" the six speed automatic is? Ger.
After a while you will prefer it! It's the best of both worlds! I'm going that way too, because I intend to drive it far more as a regular car!
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

An automatic is fine for road courses especially when you have the paddle shifters so you can select the gear needed.
The main reason I prefer a manual is for the engagement required to drive. I'd probably be a second or so quicker using an automatic.
squishbang is offline   Reply With Quote