Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 01:25 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Default Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft Review

Just finished the install of the one piece Dynotech aluminum driveshaft in my 2015 GT.
The installation is pretty straight forward. You can probably get it done without removing anything else. I choose to drop the back half of the exhaust (I have a catback and removed it after the H-pipe) and it made it MUCH easier. The new hardware is all 12.9 allen head cap screws which make the install stronger and a little more timely. Make sure to use thread locker (Blue) and it really helps to have a second person.... I did not

Here are the things I noticed after the install and driving it for a while.
First I use to have some drivetrain noise , like a clunk but not a clunk) that noise is now gone. Second the car is much more responsive to the accelerator. Third and for me the most important - I can control the clutch tons better. I see a lot of post in forums on how the new hydraulic clutch doesn't have the feel of the older clutches catch and release points. The first thing I noticed was that feel of engagement, HUGE difference and really makes driving it more fun.
I know many of you are wondering if its faster - I don't know - probably yes. Which the items I mentioned above its obvious to me that the two piece factory driveshaft with the rubber doughnuts adds some weak sloppiness to the drivetrain which cost HP and feel. The solid one piece takes that all away. I doubled the speed limit on a distant road and noticed no vibration at all.
Is it worth the $$$$ ? That's a choice you have to make.
For me yes - I am putting everything in place for FI plus have some fun on the way there. I would recommend this as a MUST upgrade if you are going to do any serious track time.