Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Maybe the 2015 Mustang GT w/ Ford Street Handling pack over 2015 C7 Stingray?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 03:01 PM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Cool Maybe the 2015 Mustang GT w/ Ford Street Handling pack over 2015 C7 Stingray?

Well yes the stingray is my dream car. Yes sorry about the blasphemy, this being a Mustang board and all. I know some people on here have directed for me to get the stingray over the GT. My issue is that it appears that there have been various issues with people having overheating engine issues and even the darn eight speed auto. Yes I have to get the auto since I have some med issues. Also, car was going to be mostly used for street with some beginner, 1-3x a year hpde, road course fun. Basically car is supposed to be a birthday present and my dad is asking me are you sure you want the stingray, he has read some car issues also. Please, can use some real world opinions. Ger.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:16 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Get the Corvette and please don't come back. Why don't you say I need to get the auto because I don't drive a stick very well or I just want an automatic? Ordering the auto doesn't make your dick any shorter.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:58 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Get the Corvette and please don't come back. Why don't you say I need to get the auto because I don't drive a stick very well or I just want an automatic? Ordering the auto doesn't make your dick any shorter.
Actually there was a study that showed unless for drag racing reasons, buying an auto does indeed shrink the ***** a little bit.

Oh and OP buy the darn Corvette, it's a damn nice car.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mungodrums
Well yes the stingray is my dream car. Yes sorry about the blasphemy, this being a Mustang board and all. I know some people on here have directed for me to get the stingray over the GT. My issue is that it appears that there have been various issues with people having overheating engine issues and even the darn eight speed auto. Yes I have to get the auto since I have some med issues. Also, car was going to be mostly used for street with some beginner, 1-3x a year hpde, road course fun. Basically car is supposed to be a birthday present and my dad is asking me are you sure you want the stingray, he has read some car issues also. Please, can use some real world opinions. Ger.
Among many other reasons, the Mustang GT is much easier to get in & out of in my opinion if that is an issue. At 73, it's becoming an issue to me more every year. In heavy traffic I like the automatic because it is one less thing to pay attention to. I'm a lifelong Corvette & Chevy guy, but a Mustang GT is a better choice for a car you drive a lot!

I built the Corvette below & think it is a work of art, but I'd rather "DRIVE" a Mustang GT!

Old 10-04-2015, 10:42 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
Actually there was a study that showed unless for drag racing reasons, buying an auto does indeed shrink the ***** a little bit.
You must have read that in one of your womens magazines you like so much. Put down the cosmo.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
It is a little frightening to wonder how AK has gained so much information about the ***** as related to the car you drive! They must have very friendly car clubs in Alaska!
Old 10-06-2015, 05:18 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

I'm not familiar with the street handling pack. I'm familiar with the Ford Racing Handling Pack and it has been shown to increase girth by 19.05mm. For added length it is recommended that you acquire the Stedda Sub-Frame Braces. They make a huge difference in your squatting and diving when you're in the throws of it.

As for the comparison of a 'mere' GT to a C7 Vette: take the complement for F's sake. It cracks me up that people are comparing a $32K base price car to a $56K base price car.

Regarding the ***** measuring - on track (a real track where you actually have to turn the car) I've not seen any disadvantage against Corvettes or anything else driven on the street. Once you get to drivers who put race rubber on then it's a different ball game and I switch to the motorcycle.