Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Buying a new GT - What should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 02:55 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottmach
You are wrong.
Yah, I get that a lot around here with anything but the popular opinion, but see I don't need you to agree... as long as my local service manager & Ford agree with me.... & they do! As I said. I had a transmission replaced with a Roush Supercharger on the car without a word being said! Yes, I agree that some Service Writer may tell you the warrantee is violated, but Ford Motor Company will not because it goes against legal precedent. The "burden of proof" is on Ford that your modification caused damage that you are asking to be repaired. If they see evidence have raced the car, or abused it Ford may fight you on the repair as they should. Would you give a 36 Month warrantee to a guy who was going to race the car at the track every weekend? Of course not! Of course the fact I'm a senior citizen probably affects their decision as opposed to a 19 year old kid with a mohawk that put slicks on the back wheels. Those that have trouble getting a warrantee covered should speak to the Ford Area Rep. before accepting the word of some Service Writer that was baking pizzas 6 months ago! Then if that doesn't work get a lawyer because the law & precedent is on your side "if you've treated the car"reasonably.

I think Ford's position is, "If you've raced your car on a track, or beat the snot out of it like a spoiled nine year old, then why should Ford pay for your broken parts? Ford didn't sell it to you for a race car! (I don't think that's Ford's exact wording!)

Incidentally, quite a few Ford Dealers will put a Roush Supercharger on your Mustang at their Dealership & they don't void your warrantee when they do!

Now of course, someone will tell me I'm wrong (usually in a snarky way)as they always will on this forum! NOTE: I only post this so some poor guy isn't afraid to use his warrantee because he put CAI on his Mustang as even Ford did with some models! Contrary to popular opinion, court rulings usually are based on common sense & they usually side with the consumer when possible!