Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Steeda bushing support review

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Jay-rod427
3rd Gear Member

Default Steeda bushing support review

This weekend I installed the Steeda IRS subframe, and differential support bushings to help with the dreaded wheel hop.

Install was a bit of a pain on jackstands, and without dropping the exhaust, but doable just be patient.

As far as wheel hop it is dramatically reduced, but still slightly there.

Ride quality is absolutely unaffected, but with the black harder diff bushings instead of the softer reds there is a great deal of clunking when shifting the trans (MT6). The "thud" going into first is now a solid clunk, followed by lighter but definite clunks in each gear thereafter. I don't have a problem with this as it is stated it will happen with the black bushings, but I'd imagine there is still a bit of noise increase even with the red. Also a small negligible amount of gear whine on the highway, but nothing the radio can't fix.

All in all I fully expected some increase in NVH, and it is worth it to reduce the horrible wheel hop on these IRS's. Next up as money allows, the billet vertical links, and likely subframe brace to completely eliminate the wheel hop.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:30 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay-rod427
This weekend I installed the Steeda IRS subframe, and differential support bushings to help with the dreaded wheel hop.

Install was a bit of a pain on jackstands, and without dropping the exhaust, but doable just be patient.

As far as wheel hop it is dramatically reduced, but still slightly there.

Ride quality is absolutely unaffected, but with the black harder diff bushings instead of the softer reds there is a great deal of clunking when shifting the trans (MT6). The "thud" going into first is now a solid clunk, followed by lighter but definite clunks in each gear thereafter. I don't have a problem with this as it is stated it will happen with the black bushings, but I'd imagine there is still a bit of noise increase even with the red. Also a small negligible amount of gear whine on the highway, but nothing the radio can't fix.

All in all I fully expected some increase in NVH, and it is worth it to reduce the horrible wheel hop on these IRS's. Next up as money allows, the billet vertical links, and likely subframe brace to completely eliminate the wheel hop.
We appreciate your feedback & review - the dreaded wheel hop is piece by piece issue. We have had some customers do a couple upgrades & it has fixed it ... others have had to add the whole stop the hop package before it completely went away.

Happy to help with your next order or help with any questions that you may have - you can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 05-21-2016, 10:14 PM
Jay-rod427
3rd Gear Member

Went to the track last night... The tiny bit of wheel hop left was magnified 10X. First gear not too bad with launch control on, but second gear an absolute nightmare. More money to spend I guess ��.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:38 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

What are RPM are you launching at?

TJ
Old 05-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Jay-rod427
3rd Gear Member

The best launch was at 3700. 1.93 60' which I thought was pretty respectable for 6mt, and 3.73 stock tires. No matter how soft I tried to shift second it was a mess. I guess even my "soft" shift was still a lil too much for mostly stock. Track was very well prepped. Local 275 cars gettin very low 1.20 60's

Last edited by Jay-rod427; 05-22-2016 at 10:47 PM.