Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

How to make a faster horse (2015-2017 Mustang GT)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 07:20 AM
smecla

Default How to make a faster horse (2015-2017 Mustang GT)

I'm looking for ways to make the 2015-2017 Mustang GT faster in 0-60 and 1/4 mile WHILE keeping it naturally aspirated.

It looks like it is possible to get 1/4 mile down to 11.2 but that's with weight reduction, and drag tires. (
)

What I'm looking for is ways to make it faster while:
1) Keeping it naturally aspirated

2) Keeping everything that comes with the GT Premium (Basically weight reduction is good, but only if it replaces a part in the car and doesn't take it out like the seats)

3) Using street tires

Here's what I have so far, tell me what I'm missing:
1) Handling/Suspension pack (https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-MA or http://www.americanmuscle.com/kws-v1-coilover-2015.html)

2) Cold air intake and tuner (https://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-s...x4-1516gt.html)

3) Lighter and stronger driveshaft (https://www.americanmuscle.com/dss-a...to-2015gt.html)

4) Throttle body spacer (https://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-th...er-1114gt.html)

5) Better flowing exhaust (http://www.americanmuscle.com/flowma...ck-2015gt.html)

Please let me know of anything else I can get on it.
Thanks
Old 08-28-2016, 06:58 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

1. Suspension- look towards BMR, their springs and differential mods to eliminate wheel hop. Viking sells pretty good rear adjustable shocks but there have been some complaints of clunking on the street but they work well.

2. Power- Intake/headers/tune. Don't spend 1000 on catback, do longtubes instead. TB spacer is useless. If E85 is accessible Lund and livernois have pretty good Flex fuel tunes.

3. Traction- find some spare light wheels and put DRs or slicks on them. If you can't grip your times will suffer.

Last edited by darkmach1; 08-28-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:43 AM
smecla

Thank you. I'll look into all of those. Also I just plan on getting 11.7-12.0 1/4 mile times. I'm looking to do well in roll races (I have auto and 3.55s by the way). I do have access to e85 in Germany. Also thanks for the tip on the throttle body spacer. Do you think a 90mm or 95mm throttle body would make any difference? Well that plus some larger injectors.

Last edited by smecla; 08-29-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:40 AM
daytripper
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
1. Suspension- look towards BMR, their springs and differential mods to eliminate wheel hop. Viking sells pretty good rear adjustable shocks but there have been some complaints of clunking on the street but they work well.

2. Power- Intake/headers/tune. Don't spend 1000 on catback, do longtubes instead. TB spacer is useless. If E85 is accessible Lund and livernois have pretty good Flex fuel tunes.

3. Traction- find some spare light wheels and put DRs or slicks on them. If you can't grip your times will suffer.
He doesn't need anything to help with wheel hop.He has the auto,so there is no hop. Spend elsewhere.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smecla
Thank you. I'll look into all of those. Also I just plan on getting 11.7-12.0 1/4 mile times. I'm looking to do well in roll races (I have auto and 3.55s by the way). I do have access to e85 in Germany. Also thanks for the tip on the throttle body spacer. Do you think a 90mm or 95mm throttle body would make any difference? Well that plus some larger injectors.
Bigger throttle body will do nothing. Injectors are not needed.

Originally Posted by daytripper
He doesn't need anything to help with wheel hop.He has the auto,so there is no hop. Spend elsewhere.
Oh rly?!? Maybe stock it doesn't with all the nannies, do some mods and a tune and it sure as **** will. Not not helps with hopping but also stiffens to the rear for launches.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:21 PM
daytripper
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
Bigger throttle body will do nothing. Injectors are not needed.

Oh rly?!? Maybe stock it doesn't with all the nannies, do some mods and a tune and it sure as **** will. Not not helps with hopping but also stiffens to the rear for launches.
You know this how? I have an auto,3.55 gears. THERE IS NO WHEEL HOP! The tires just smoothly spin. If I had a thousand horsepower they would just spin faster. Only the manual hops.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:16 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

You know this how? I have an auto,3.55 gears. THERE IS NO WHEEL HOP! The tires just smoothly spin. If I had a thousand horsepower they would just spin faster. Only the manual hops.
I don't know, I'm really just guessing. I don't even know what I'm doing here, I don't even own a mustang.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:31 PM
JimC

Hmm, then what did my car experience at launch at the track - with 3.55 and a LOT of wheel hop? Everyone saw it. And nowhere near 1,000 horsepower.

Yes, the automatic will wheel hop, it isn't something only experienced by those with a stick. YOU may never have experienced it, but others have.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:57 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Hmm, then what did my car experience at launch at the track - with 3.55 and a LOT of wheel hop? Everyone saw it. And nowhere near 1,000 horsepower.

Yes, the automatic will wheel hop, it isn't something only experienced by those with a stick. YOU may never have experienced it, but others have.
LOL! Obviously we dont know what were talking about and he does.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:35 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

I have the auto and experienced wheel hop with the supercharger more power. I did some work to the rear subframe to eliminate it

Quick Reply: How to make a faster horse (2015-2017 Mustang GT)