Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Wiring Question/Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 12:35 PM
bronze_peanut_cup

Default Wiring Question/Help

Hi all, new to the forum, happy first time mustang owner (2015 gt premium) by way of challenger r/t then bmw 2 series, not new to the modding-scene (not a pro either) but hoping someone with knowledge can help me out.

All I need is the color combo of the wire that indicates the 'switched power wire' in the trunk.

I've been digging around the trunk wiring trying to connect a wireless receiver box for an exhaust motor so it can go from 'quiet' to 'loud' (I just purchased and installed the AWE SwitchPath exhaust- which is awesome btw).

You've probably correctly guessed that I'm looking to splice into the 'switched power source' wire. Problem is, I'm not sure which color combination is the correct one, and I've been digging around looking for this. I'm surprised I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere.

I'm not trying to purchase a wire diagram book for such an easily resolved question, and I contacted AWE several times, and have received the worst sort of support I've ever had. Just to share some of the brilliance I've encountered: one lady twice responded 'our engineers said they tapped into the wiring harness in the trunk'. Awesome, nice, I know that, but which wire? (obviously I was way more polite than that, suggesting maybe a photo of their install would be fine). She just reiterated it was the "power wire". Ugh. So I moved on and I found and emailed their tech guys instead, to which they told me to get a test light/multimeter and start checking the wires starting with the largest first or take it to a shop. WTF. lol.

All I need is the color combo of the wire that indicates the 'switched power wire' in the trunk. I figure someone on here has the answer. As an aside, do the previous generation mustangs share the same color combo for their wiring?

Anyway, thanks to anyone who knows for the help!