Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Ford Stage 3 Performance Pack vs C&L CAI w/ Bama Tune - Something doesn't add up??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 11:27 AM
ShiftQuick

Default Ford Stage 3 Performance Pack vs C&L CAI w/ Bama Tune - Something doesn't add up??

I've researched the Ford Performance Packs and the Stage 3 appears to net less hp than a C&L Race CAI w/ Bama tune. The Bama is a fraction of the cost and also requires much less installation.

What am I missing?

----

What I know about the Stage 3 PP:

- Cost: +/- $2,400

Features

- 37hp and 5lbs/ft peak gains over stock
- Increases redline to 7,500
- Allows for no-lift shifting (I'm assuming this is similar to a quick shifter on a motorcycle.)
- Maintain warranty

Requires

- Premium fuel

Includes

- GT350 CAI
- 87mm throttle body
- GT350 intake manifold
- Ford Performance ProCal tool

What I know about the C&L Race CAI w/ Bama tune

- Cost: +/- $800

Features

- Up to 48hp (?)lbs/ft
- ~30 minute bolt-on install
- Tune voids warranty

Includes

- CAI
- Bama tuner
Old 03-12-2017, 12:40 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The ford packages are most times way over priced. The TB really doesnt add much if any gains but it does add significant cost. Same with the intake manifold. The tune is more aggressive in the Bama setup as well.

I would recommend the Bama setup any day of the week over the Ford setup UNLESS you have $$$ and are really worried about the warranty for some reason
Old 03-12-2017, 04:27 PM
ShiftQuick

I had a few high ticket items replaced under warranty so I'm a bit leery about voiding it. However I don't like the idea of spending unnecessarily on both parts and a required dealer install.

I need to think about it more before I pull the trigger, not to mention I'd want to install everything myself... again voiding the warranty.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:47 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Bama....lol!!