Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Trouble with Power Pack 2 hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 10:55 PM
Chas.

RSJACKL...

Well we're in agreement. This NLS nonsense is a giant step backwards - it's for making your car a 'one-trick-pony' and certainly not a road-track car. Can you imagine if all the new factory Mustang GTs did this? Heads would certainly roll. It's as if nobody in Ford Racing has any concern, Can't listen and doesn't take us seriously. Being a guy originally from Davidson County, TN, you can probably figure how irritated I am.

I do have a driving technique 'work-around' for it but it makes me mad that I have to drive this car differently for no useful purpose or reason other than Ford Racing's stubbornness.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:01 AM
rsjackal

Hi Chas.

Yes, we are. So, after speaking to my brother whom is ASE, and performance engine certified, and another mustang enthusiast, currently the proud 2nd owner of a pristine 2009 Shelby GT 500, whom essentially said "I honestly don't know, I've never even heard of a vehicle doing that", and having Delk Performance in Lebanon advise to call Ford Performance, and the nonsense I got from them about Tire Revs., and that "it has to learn the new parameters".

I reflashed again tonight, no "stumble" this time, I made certain to follow the procedure EXACTLY as documented, and this time the test drive was with traction control off, well, sigh.....still jerks.....and if it hadn't learned the parameters last time (it's been over 2 weeks), it never will, I have a 156 mile round trip daily 5 day/week commute. My 2017 GT has over 48K on the clock.

I told my brother if it isn't fixed this time, I'm SERIOUSLY considering trading the car, as it is no longer fun to drive, and I drive ALOT! I can't imagine a new car that acted like this, they'd have it fixed shortly or wouldn't sell many of them!

And WTH can I not d/l a new calibration file?!?! Apparently they NEVER make changes/fixes? I work for a software company, I wonder what our customers would think if we never created patches for errors, or simply new revised code, that just works better/faster?

Last edited by rsjackal; 11-03-2018 at 12:13 AM. Reason: addition
Old 11-03-2018, 11:00 AM
Chas.

Wow. "Tires Revs" - presumably per mile or some such blarney. What rubbish.

As if the car could even 'know' how it compares to true-ground speed and know that there was an 'error'. And then, react badly to such meaningless differences. So he was either a mental lightweight, or, a obfuscating liar. How insulting to a customer!
Old 12-11-2018, 05:11 PM
rjpkrp

I finally said forget it. I'm having the "Power Pack 2" taken off the car and having a supercharger installed. The PP2 made the car undriveable and Ford doesn't seem to know how to fix it, so forget it. Yeah I know Supercharger vs "Power Pack 2" is apples and oranges, but hey. I put "Power Pack" in quotes because I actually LOST performance with this piece of crap "upgrade". Anyway, my solution was to just throw a ton of money at it and get rid of the STUPID NLS gimmick all together. (Sure would have been cheaper to just have Brenspeed custom tune it.......but it wouldn't be as much fun!)
Old 12-11-2018, 05:43 PM
Chas.

Does anyone know if this problem also exists with the stage III version? If that's what it takes to fix this it's worth the expense.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:19 PM
rjpkrp

Well......my problem is solved....here is my car going across the dyno.....

Old 03-24-2019, 07:09 AM
Aubrey Sonnenberg

Same here, I took it to the track today and same problem with NLS. On top of that poor throttle control at low revs - Lund tune on the way.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:52 AM
Chas.

Aubrey,

Call the dopes at Ford Racing a make them register a complaint file for your case. Tell them that you are not the only one. Use my name , Charles Smiley, if you want - there may be a record of my complaints on their files. Send them a link to this thread. Make sure they understand that this is only the tip of the Iceberg and they are losing sales because the word gets around.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:16 AM
Aubrey Sonnenberg

I'm in Australia, there is no Ford support for the product here. The local dealer does what he can. This is so well documented and Ford have still done nothing, so I've moved on! I'll report back when I've done the Lund tune.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:36 AM
Chas.

Aubrey,
Ford Racing lacks adult supervision. I have confidence in the main Ford company. There are ways to register issues and people that handle these things regarding a stock Ford product.

But Ford Racing seems to be a rouge 'outpost' that is unaccountable to anyone. Any rational organization would have someone checking into forums like this and offer some kind of advise. Being in business myself, I would never ignore the problems my biggest "fans" might be having.

For this reason, the suspension parts I will be ordering will never go to Ford Racing. Instead, they will go to Steda and others I trust.

Quick Reply: Trouble with Power Pack 2 hesitation