Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Trouble with Power Pack 2 hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 11:05 AM
quabbinman

quabbinman...yes
Old 08-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Chas.

Quabb... That has some interesting stuff. Thanks. It'll take a while to go through it all....
Old 08-15-2018, 09:21 PM
Chas.

I had a thought... I remember someone at Ford saying that if I even slightly touch the clutch pedal, before a shift it, would cause the rev limiter to go off and cause the stumble. So I hovered my foot over the clutch about 3 inches and made a 6000 rpm shift and immediately stabbed the throttle. It did not stumble.

So if it's that bloody sensitive maybe it could be readjusted. I shouldn't have to do this but if it works I'm OK with it. I never miss shifts and don't need the rev limiter to kick in because of light pressure just prior to a shift.

So, where is this switch? Anyone have a diagram?

PS... I think the original purpose of this switch is to turn off the cruise control if you touch the clutch pedal.

Last edited by Chas.; 08-16-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:27 PM
Jadd

Default I had the stumble problem

2017 GT with the pp 2 installed would stumble, hesitate at high rpm shifts using normal shifting. Worked with Ford Performance tech assist for about two months while the engineers worked the problem. The end result was them sending me a new updated file to install. Had Steeda install the file and everything is back to normal and working fine. No more problems.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:47 PM
amartinez

Default Is it a custom file only for your car?

Good job man!
Now, how do we get our hands on that update
Old 08-30-2018, 04:53 PM
Jadd

I called the Ford Performance tech line (1-800-367-3788) when I first had the power pack 2 installed and noticed the stumble, hesitation. Sounded like I was the first to surface this for they seemed totally unaware of the problem. I explained the symptons to the tech along with my belief that the problem was with the no lift shift portion of the software. The tech worked with the Ford Performance Engineers for about 2 months to come up with a solution to my problem, which was a new software file to install. The tech was a huge help, but be aware that the wheels turn a little slow.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Chas.

duplicate post -weird
Old 09-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Chas.

Really?

Does it work OK?

And how do you get it? Just go back to a Ford installer maybe? Is there a reference code to ask for.

Funny how they acted like it was the first time they heard of it. I know I made many calls to the big tech guy back there myself. How many here did the same?

Anyhow, I hope this is the good news part of the issue. Thanks for your post.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Chas.

Default Need to know how to get this "fix"

I went to the Galpin Ford installer and they down loaded the latest version. It didn't change the bucking and stumble problem. I was told that updates don't come with any list of bug fixes or improvements. If so, how can a consumer or installer make a rational decision?

Anyone know he version number of this phantom fix?

Old 11-02-2018, 03:10 PM
rsjackal

Well I went with the ford performance stage 1 power pack, and I had the hesitation after 1st program, then the car would just jerk REALLY hard when shifting under hard acceleration and NOT using the NLS. Called Ford Performance, they suggested my tire revs. per mile were wrong. I checked them they were set to 763 with a 3.55 rear gear. I had replaced the Pirelli's with P235/50R18 97V Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+, Michelins web site, and tire rack have them at 762 RPM's, I reflashed with it at 762, same exact thing, one wierd stumble on 1st hard acceleration, then no more stumble but it is NOT comfortable to drive with the jerking it does. I don't think NLS is "good" for the driveline on any type of frequent use, and I apparently don't really know how to do it, as I experience just flat out wierdness, sometimes the revs will fly up, say if I try and shift @ 5500, so what am I supposed to w8 until 7G's? Will it not then bounce the limiter @ 7250?

Frankly I'm not really happy with this mod at all.

Quick Reply: Trouble with Power Pack 2 hesitation