Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

2017 Mustang C Pillar Leaking on Passenger Side

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 07:45 PM
MustangGT2017

Default 2017 Mustang C Pillar Leaking on Passenger Side

I noticed today after a hard rain that my mustang was leaking water into the interior of the car at the passenger side C pillar between the seam between the plastic panels that run the length of the pillar. The water leaked down the rear passenger side plastic panels and ultimately ended up dampening the rear seat where the seat touches the panel.

Has as anyone ever heard of this issue before and know what might be the cause? The only thing I can think of is a bad seal between the rear window and the body while setting in the rear window.

The car is only 9 months old and this is the first time I have noticed the leak (it may have been leaking this whole time).

Thanks
Old 11-06-2017, 09:22 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Never heard of it, take it to the dealer. Stuff happens.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Sdeck73

Check the roof body seam sealer for pin holes. My 2015 had two small pinholes in that seam and would leak water into the vehicle only in colder temperatures with rain. There is a service bulletin to check for these pinholes for wind noise. My car wasn’t covered since it was out of the 3 year/36 month bumper to bumper.